Physician Associate 2019 Birmingham university Watch

IshaM2630
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys,

My name is Isha, I have been offered a conditional offer at UOB for Physician Associate course (Jan entry). Is there anyone else whos been offered ? Would be nice to know people before i start.
Also how is everyone funding the course?

Regards,
Isha
Dariush.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Isha,

Im Dariush, I also receieved a conditional offer for Jan 2019 entry! Congratulations on getting a place on the course! how are you feeling about it?

With regards to funding, im going to be taking out a career development loan from the govermnent to help with the overall cost, i'm also working up until january to ensure I have enough to pay for it. I've had financial issues recently so I will be contacting the uni to see if I can change to the August entry to make sure I am able to afford the course without having to work alongside as its not something I want to do with it being an intense course.

What did you do prior to the course?

IshaM2630
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Dariush.)
Hi Isha,

Im Dariush, I also receieved a conditional offer for Jan 2019 entry! Congratulations on getting a place on the course! how are you feeling about it?

With regards to funding, im going to be taking out a career development loan from the govermnent to help with the overall cost, i'm also working up until january to ensure I have enough to pay for it. I've had financial issues recently so I will be contacting the uni to see if I can change to the August entry to make sure I am able to afford the course without having to work alongside as its not something I want to do with it being an intense course.

What did you do prior to the course?

Hi Dariush,

Thank you for replying to my thread. Congratulations on getting a conditional offer! I'm excited and looking forward to start in January. I only applied at UOB as i did not want to move out so i'm happy.

Yes! Career development loan is my only option as well. I hope you can sort your finance too, Good Luck. UOB is really slow in regards to responding to queries. I have been contacting them for vaccinations and fees deadline!

I did Medical Physiology and achieved 1st class. worked part-time and voluntered at care home as well. What about you?

Regards,
Isha
Dariush.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

Thankfully i've manged to defer to August 2019, so that will give me time to raise some finance which is great! hope it all goes well for you and good luck!

Oh okay cool so you already have a lot of experience with different conditions! I did medical science and achieved a 2:1. I have worked as an ambassador for Diabetes UK and currently work in the NHS.

regards,
Dariush
Last edited by Dariush.; 1 month ago
SaiedR7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there I also received my offer to start in January also! Im funding on my own as well as taking a career dev loan, also I will be applying for the NHS training grant which helps with costs. Im moving from cardiff so its going to be very expensivekind regardsSaied
IshaM2630
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I'm glad you can start in August!!! wishing you all the best. Hopefully i'll see you at some point in university.
Regards,
Isha
Last edited by IshaM2630; 1 month ago
IshaM2630
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SaiedR7)
Hi there I also received my offer to start in January also! Im funding on my own as well as taking a career dev loan, also I will be applying for the NHS training grant which helps with costs. Im moving from cardiff so its going to be very expensivekind regardsSaied
Hi saied,

Congratulations! I don't think i will be applying for the career development loan as the interest in 9.9% which is alot.
Never heard of NHS training grant? I still don't know where to look for funding.
Yeah it is going to be expensive, it's such a good course but shame it is not funded.

Regards,

Isha
reabea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

I'm going to be starting the course next month as well. I know there's a facebook group but I've not been added so don't have a clue who else is starting! Are you living in Birmingham at the moment?
WannabePA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Im also starting Jan 2019. Has anyone been added to any of the facebook pages or spoken to anyone about where they are going to live as i am having to move. At the moment i think my only options are private halls on a short tenancy and hopefully be able to find somewhere new for july time.
reabea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WannabePA)
Hi,

Im also starting Jan 2019. Has anyone been added to any of the facebook pages or spoken to anyone about where they are going to live as i am having to move. At the moment i think my only options are private halls on a short tenancy and hopefully be able to find somewhere new for july time.
I haven't no but if you look on Spareroom there are quite a lot of rooms being let in student houses at the moment, especially for postgraduates. I went to some house viewings in November and managed to sort my house on the same day. Unfortunately my contract is going to end in June but it's a lot cheaper than halls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (22)
41.51%
Pro-humanity (31)
58.49%

Watched Threads