Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you are applying for Diagnostic Radiography next year, please join this thread. Tell us which qualification you have or you are working on, which universities you will be applying for and anything else relevant.

I am doing an Access to Science course, will apply for Hertforshire and City Universities and have already done my clinical visit.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm applying for Radiography at Exeter, Cardiff, Bangor, Portsmouth and Plymouth. I am currently studying A level Biology, Psychology and English Lit with predicted grades of BBB. I did three clinical placements and volunteered at a care home during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’ve just applied for Diagnostic Radiography at Exeter,UWE,Cardiff,Birmingham and Leeds. I study Biology, Psychology and Drama and Theatre studies A levels with predictive grades of A,A,B. I have only done one clinical visit and I am my Mum’s main carer so I haven’t had time to volunteer. Just a nervous wait now!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a qualified radiographer of the diagnostic flavour.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am currently studying an Allied Health access course and hoping to study at Plymouth University.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive any interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t, just an acknowledgement. I hope it’s because they have not started interviewing rather than the alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Recently qualified radiographer from sheff hallam happy to help anyone needing tips for hallam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XrayLad)
    Recently qualified radiographer from sheff hallam happy to help anyone needing tips for hallam
    Hi, just sent off my application in recently and defo leaning towards going to Sheffield Hallam

Do you know how long it takes for them to give out interviews
    what was your own interview experience like
    Any regrets in choosing this course/ uni
    what are the class sizes like
    and is it generally easy to make friends on this course

sorry for bombarding you with so many questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafakl)
    Did anyone receive any interviews yet?

nope not yet

ReputationRep:
    no i havn't but i know that there are interviews in december for exeter and cardiff

ReputationRep:
    I do hope they don't take too long to give interviews out...the waiting is killing me
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey rafakl

At Hallam, for the Diagnostic Radiography course the first batch of interviews begin on the 28th of November and also run on dates throughout January too. If you are successful with your application you will be notified of your specific selection event date via email so you have plenty of time to prepare. The earlier the application the earlier the selection event date will be.

I hope that's helpful!

Thanks
    Bridget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Hey rafakl

At Hallam, for the Diagnostic Radiography course the first batch of interviews begin on the 28th of November and also run on dates throughout January too. If you are successful with your application you will be notified of your specific selection event date via email so you have plenty of time to prepare. The earlier the application the earlier the selection event date will be.

I hope that's helpful!

Thanks
    Bridget
    Thanks for the reply do you know any of the stats for the number of candidates invited to the selection event for Diagnostic Radiography and the number of people who actually get an offer...like what were last years stats if by any chance you know
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey rafakl

I’m not sure on the numbers of people interviewed I’m afraid, but I do know that it’s a popular course. To help applicants prepare for the health and social care selection events and feel at ease with the types of things to have in mind before the day we’ve put together this site: https://www.shu.ac.uk/campaigns/heal...cation-support.

Hopefully this will help you prepare!

Good luck with everything - I’m sure you’ll do great.

Thanks
    Bridget

ReputationRep:
    I have received a reply from Bristol & Birmingham, with good news thank goodness! Got an interview at Birmingham on the 26th and Bristol they have said I have one in November but due to a technical fault they couldn’t confirm the day. Just waiting for that. Happy but I am worrying about the others and also now about the interview itself!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askilly)
    I have received a reply from Bristol & Birmingham, with good news thank goodness! Got an interview at Birmingham on the 26th and Bristol they have said I have one in November but due to a technical fault they couldn’t confirm the day. Just waiting for that. Happy but I am worrying about the others and also now about the interview itself!!!
    Congratulations on getting an interview

Anybody else got any?

ReputationRep:
    I have received an interview from Bangor and portsmouth but Still waiting for the rest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belindajane)
    I have received an interview from Bangor and portsmouth but Still waiting for the rest!
    Exeter and Cardiff are 2 that I’m waiting for. 🙃 Exeter is one of my two favourites so I am dreading not getting an interview. My other favourite is UWE which I have got an interview for in December. I’ll be gutted when you put on you’ve got interviews and I haven’t.
    I wonder how long they leave it before they ‘reject’ you. I’ve made that sound a bit like swiping to reject on Tinder than an interview for a University.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I am in the exact smae position! Exeter and Cardiff are the ones I really want to go to and I havn't recieved anything from them so maybe they havn't sent off the invititations for interview yet. Hopefully we all here from them soon I would hate to be 'rejected'. What A level subjects do you do?

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.