The Student Room Group

Computer science coursework

does anybody know how to register two players on python. and how to create a game with dices involved.
it would really help me in my coursework
Original post by fatima456
does anybody know how to register two players on python. and how to create a game with dices involved.

Google may know
Programming in any language can all be learnt from Google. You just need to know what to type
Reply 3
Original post by fatima456

I wouldn't recommend seeking help from online, since it is a form of collusion, instead you should consult your teacher for assistance. Also, the description of your game is too vague to derive any meaningful information.

To give you a starting point, it depends on what you want those two players to do: if you want those two players to be on two different computers/devices, then you will need a server to communicate between each player. Otherwise, if you are playing on a single device, then you need to come up with a solution to identify when a player's turn "ends", and when the next player begins. Are you going to add flexibility between players? Two humans, two AI? What about one human and one AI?

Finally, what do you mean by "dices"?: Dices can refer to random probability, or dices can refer to a physical dice, numbered from 1 - 6. That is something you must define, and come up with a solution that solves the task. You should be speaking to your teacher, rather than people online, because this could be perceived as a form of "collusion", which is a serious offense in exam boards.
You've literally just asked how to do your entire NEA. I'm in year 12 and our teacher showed us your NEA as it's much easier than the one for our year- you should have no trouble doing it if you have any programming ability (which you need for the exam anyway). If you can't do it you need to ask the teacher to teach you not ask for answers here.

And asking here is dangerous anyway. Our NEA last year for cancelled for people asking for help online and although they've loosened the rules this year, this is still plagerism if you copy someone from a forum which could get you disqualified from the NEA, Computer Science GCSE as a whole or even your entire GCSEs.

So be careful and get taught properly instead of asking for answers online.
Reply 5
Original post by DerivativeName
You've literally just asked how to do your entire NEA. I'm in year 12 and our teacher showed us your NEA as it's much easier than the one for our year- you should have no trouble doing it if you have any programming ability (which you need for the exam anyway). If you can't do it you need to ask the teacher to teach you not ask for answers here.

And asking here is dangerous anyway. Our NEA last year for cancelled for people asking for help online and although they've loosened the rules this year, this is still plagerism if you copy someone from a forum which could get you disqualified from the NEA, Computer Science GCSE as a whole or even your entire GCSEs.

So be careful and get taught properly instead of asking for answers online.

This might be new to you, but yes surprisingly enough the A-level NEA is harder than the GCSE, but that's for letting everyone know. Also you can freely ask for advice about the NEA as long as that advice doesn't include individuals writing code for you.
Original post by Clutch A
This might be new to you, but yes surprisingly enough the A-level NEA is harder than the GCSE, but that's for letting everyone know. Also you can freely ask for advice about the NEA as long as that advice doesn't include individuals writing code for you.

I meant it was easier than our GCSE NEA.

And I appreciate I might have come across as a **** but is for an important reason. OP needs to realise that the programs they will have to code in the exam are going to be much harder than the NEA . The new NEA this year is so easy that if OP has to ask so general questions such as this then they aren't going to have the skills for the exam.

And also OP wasnt asking for advice- their questions was literally 'how do I do my NEA' which if someone could explain without literally doing it all for them then they should take the place of OPs teacher
Reply 7

And I appreciate I might have come across as a **** but is for an important reason. OP needs to realise that the programs they will have to code in the exam are going to be much harder than the NEA . The new NEA this year is so easy that if OP has to ask so general questions such as this then they aren't going to have the skills for the exam.

And also OP wasnt asking for advice- their questions was literally 'how do I do my NEA' which if someone could explain without literally doing it all for them then they should take the place of OPs teacher

I appreciate your reply. Keep in mind that a programming exam doesn't exist like it does for A-level, it's just coursework. Also, I understand that the OP was directly asking for someone to do their coursework for them. In scenarios like this you need to just inform the OP that adivsing them on how to complete a project rather than doing it for them is more productive and in some cases required under exam board direction.
I appreciate your reply. Keep in mind that a programming exam doesn't exist like it does for A-level, it's just coursework. Also, I understand that the OP was directly asking for someone to do their coursework for them. In scenarios like this you need to just inform the OP that adivsing them on how to complete a project rather than doing it for them is more productive and in some cases required under exam board direction.

On my exams board we had a paper 2 the same as ALevel?

But yeah I appreciate my tone was wrong, its no excuse but I've been a bit tired and stressed recently.
Reply 9

But yeah I appreciate my tone was wrong, its no excuse but I've been a bit tired and stressed recently.

I do not believe there is a paper in the OCR GCSE specification that includes physically programming on a computer. I know there are questions about programming (e.g. dry running), but no actual programming from what I've seen. Also I get it, A-levels do cause a lot of stress and exhaustion, I did mine last year. Hang in there and you'll be fine.

It seems like you just used being tired and stressed as an excuse?
I do not believe there is a paper in the OCR GCSE specification that includes physically programming on a computer. I know there are questions about programming (e.g. dry running), but no actual programming from what I've seen. Also I get it, A-levels do cause a lot of stress and exhaustion, I did mine last year. Hang in there and you'll be fine.

No but the paper is on algorithmic thinking- which basically means it's 90% writing pseudo-code. Which is very similar to writing programs on a computer
Original post by EvaSmith125
It seems like you just used being tired and stressed as an excuse?

It's an explanation. My tone was wrong. What I was saying I agree with but being tired and stressed means I had no patience for saying it nicely.
Hi i was wondering whether you had finished your code,if you have please could you send it to me as im quite stuck?
(Original post by username4303116)does anybody know how to register two players on python. and how to create a game with dices involved.

Quick Reply