The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan during year abroad outside Europe

Hi,

I'll be studying abroad (probably in North America) next year as part of my degree at the University of Bristol, and I am wondering what student finance I will be able to get.
I am assuming that I will still get a tuition fees loan to cover the (reduced) costs I will pay to UoB.
Will I still get the same maintenance loan that I've been getting while studying in Bristol?

Thanks,

Elena
Original post by elenaxxx
Hi,

I'll be studying abroad (probably in North America) next year as part of my degree at the University of Bristol, and I am wondering what student finance I will be able to get.
I am assuming that I will still get a tuition fees loan to cover the (reduced) costs I will pay to UoB.
Will I still get the same maintenance loan that I've been getting while studying in Bristol?

Thanks,

Elena

Hi Elena,

When you have had funding from us before was this as a home student or migrant worker?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi Elena,

When you have had funding from us before was this as a home student or migrant worker?

Thanks, Erin

Hi Erin,

I'm currently getting a tuition and a maintenance loan as a home student
Hi Elena,

Will this be mainly a study abroad year or is there a work placement involved? If it's a work placement, will this be salaried or non-salaried?

Thanks,
Nihad
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi Elena,

Will this be mainly a study abroad year or is there a work placement involved? If it's a work placement, will this be salaried or non-salaried?

Thanks,
Nihad

It's study abroad, there's no work placement involved
Original post by elenaxxx
It's study abroad, there's no work placement involved

Hi,

You would still receive a maintenance loan for your study abroad year as a home student. We wouldn't be able to give you any information on how much this would be as we don't have the figures for the 19/20 academic year yet. You would receive our study abroad rate though which would probably be slightly more than you receive currently.

Thanks, Duncan.
Reply 6
Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi,

You would still receive a maintenance loan for your study abroad year as a home student. We wouldn't be able to give you any information on how much this would be as we don't have the figures for the 19/20 academic year yet. You would receive our study abroad rate though which would probably be slightly more than you receive currently.

Thanks, Duncan.

thank you!
You're welcome :smile:

Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply