The Student Room Group

daydreaming

Ii
(edited 4 years ago)
Could you "allow" some daydream time in your day.. Do you still want to be a doctor?
Original post by redhelen
Could you "allow" some daydream time in your day.. Do you still want to be a doctor?

ofcourse i want to be a doctor
As long as you're not daydreaming when you need to be studying, it's not an issue. Just make sure you stay focused when you need to.
Ok it is possible to change your mind! Do you think you're subconsciously scared of failing? Has something happened that's causing you to daydream eg being attracted to someone?
Original post by redhelen
Ok it is possible to change your mind! Do you think you're subconsciously scared of failing? Has something happened that's causing you to daydream eg being attracted to someone?

i guess I've been attracted to someone , but that someone doesn't know me really good , plus although it may seem stupid but until now i have celbrity crushes and stuff , maybe thats the reason .
There's you answer. It will wear off in time.
Reply 7
I have chronic apnoea and consequently, the occasional awakening dream in the background. They don't overwrite reality but my conscious brain thinks it's accessing helpful memories. Like... I know, I could ask Alan. Hang on... I don't know an Alan. I met him in... nope... that place doesn't exist either.
Original post by Vinny C
I have chronic apnoea

You don't breathe?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You don't breathe?

That's exactly the sort of prejudice I've come to expect from you acute breathing types...
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You don't breathe?

I stop breathing when I sleep, throat collapses and I wake up 60 secs later. Leads to symptoms associated with sleep deprivation, I seldom dream.
Original post by Vinny C
I stop breathing when I sleep, throat collapses and I wake up 60 secs later. Leads to symptoms associated with sleep deprivation, I seldom dream.

Think they were just pointing out that it's not possible to have chronic apnoea unless you're dead 'cause apnoea means not breathing and chronic suggests you're... well, chronically not breathing, which is incompatible with life! It's generally referred to as sleep apnoea (i.e. you have apnoeic episodes of not breathing when you're asleep). Just a mini pedantic LOL I guess.

Weird how it's always an Alan xD I wonder how much this video has to be responsible for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg
[QUOTE="seaholme;80214000"]Think they were just pointing out that it's not possible to have chronic apnoea unless you're dead 'cause apnoea means not breathing and chronic suggests you're... well, chronically not breathing, which is incompatible with life! It's generally referred to as sleep apnoea (i.e. you have apnoeic episodes of not breathing when you're asleep). Just a mini pedantic LOL I guess.

Weird how it's always an Alan xD I wonder how much this video has to be responsible for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg[/QUOTE]

Np... the background dreams when awake are weird. Not enough REM at night so brain does it in the daytime. I experience this as a recollection then think hang on... that's not right! I don't even know an Alan.
(edited 5 years ago)
I have concentration issues maybe you have ADHD like me

Quick Reply

Latest