The Student Room Group

BurstingBubbles’s and shadowdweller’s Travel Blog!

Welcome to our travel blog! :captain:

As many of you know, @shadowdweller and I are a couple and have been together over 3 years. We love to travel, we’ve been to places including New York, Barcelona, and Amsterdam. We are both quite sentimental people and like to look back on things, so we thought we would set up a travel blog :biggrin:

We arrived in Dubrovnik, in Croatia, yesterday evening and are loving it so far! We will write a summary of our days here!

Attachment not found

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to get so jealous reading this! Hope you guys have a good time!!
Subbing.:sub2:
:yikes: did not know this... :beard:
posting to sub :gah:
Mamma Mia! 2 was filmed in Croatia :fyi:

Posting to subscribe :teeth:
Dubrovnik, Croatia: 14/10/18 - 21/10/18

Day 1- 14/10/18:

Well, evening/night 1 :tongue: we landed in Dubrovnik at about half 6 and got to our hotel at around 8pm. We quickly checked in and dumped our stuff down. Ready for food, we rushed to the buffet included with our half board. Now I'm not a picky eater but shadow, being veggie and not liking half of vegetables such as tomato and pepper, can be. She was pleasantly suprised by nice soup, risotto, and puddings! (should have taken a picture - we'll try and remember tonight!).

We enjoyed a drink by the sea, taking in the beautiful evening and lights of the area.

As big Doctor Who fans, we attempted to catch up with the episode aired earlier that evening. We were shocked and saddened that we could not watch it outside of the UK! We'll have to either find away around it or wait until we get home.

Tired from the journey, we settled down for the evening around midnight. I didn't sleep too well as I still have a sore throat and cold, but hoping some days relaxed by the pool and beach will help!

The view from our room that evening:

Spoiler

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Dubrovnik, Croatia: 14/10/18 - 21/10/18

Day 1- 14/10/18:

Well, evening/night 1 :tongue: we landed in Dubrovnik at about half 6 and got to our hotel at around 8pm. We quickly checked in and dumped our stuff down. Ready for food, we rushed to the buffet included with our half board. Now I'm not a picky eater but shadow, being veggie and not liking half of vegetables such as tomato and pepper, can be. She was pleasantly suprised by nice soup, risotto, and puddings! (should have taken a picture - we'll try and remember tonight!).

We enjoyed a drink by the sea, taking in the beautiful evening and lights of the area.

As big Doctor Who fans, we attempted to catch up with the episode aired earlier that evening. We were shocked and saddened that we could not watch it outside of the UK! We'll have to either find away around it or wait until we get home.

Tired from the journey, we settled down for the evening around midnight. I didn't sleep too well as I still have a sore throat and cold, but hoping some days relaxed by the pool and beach will help!

The view from our room that evening:

Spoiler

What a spectacular view!!

What did you think of the new intro to Doctor Who? Wasn't a fan :s

Welcome to our travel blog! :captain:

As many of you know, @shadowdweller and I are a couple and have been together over 3 years. We love to travel, we’ve been to places including New York, Barcelona, and Amsterdam. We are both quite sentimental people and like to look back on things, so we thought we would set up a travel blog :biggrin:

We arrived in Dubrovnik, in Croatia, yesterday evening and are loving it so far! We will write a summary of our days here!

Attachment not found

If I am honest, it is the first time that I heard of you two as a couple. Have a good journey together and send everyone of us a post card! :biggrin: joke aside, enjoy it to travel to your destinations.
Day 2 - 15th of October:

I'm writing this whilst lying on a sunbed, over looking the sea, listening to Einaudi, with a cold beer. Paradise. *

Day 2 was a really nice chilled day. Time to get to know the surrounding area. We had a lie in to try and catch up on some sleep. We woke to this amazing view from our room:

Spoiler

Breakfast was great, a lovely range of hot and cold food as well as unlimited coffee being served (great for me, not so great for shadow who hates the stuff!).

We went to the pool area and grabbed some sun beds. I went for a swim, having the whole pool to myself was brilliant. We went up to the top floor of the hotel to see this view...

Spoiler

The beach is just in front of our hotel, so a quick one minute walk got us there. We enjoyed cool drinks and ice creams. We went back to the pool area where we chilled and started up this blog. What an awful way to spend a Monday afternoon... not :tongue:

Slight side note: There are so many cats here! Shadow has begun a tally of how many cats she can spot, her aim is to see at least 10!

Dinner was incredible, going half board was definitely a great idea, especially for the puddings:

Spoiler

We had a chilled rest of the evening before catching up on some more much needed sleep!
So pleased you two are having a great time! :biggrin:
Day 2 - 15th of October:

I'm writing this whilst lying on a sunbed, over looking the sea, listening to Einaudi, with a cold beer. Paradise. *

Day 2 was a really nice chilled day. Time to get to know the surrounding area. We had a lie in to try and catch up on some sleep. We woke to this amazing view from our room:

Spoiler

Breakfast was great, a lovely range of hot and cold food as well as unlimited coffee being served (great for me, not so great for shadow who hates the stuff!).

We went to the pool area and grabbed some sun beds. I went for a swim, having the whole pool to myself was brilliant. We went up to the top floor of the hotel to see this view...

Spoiler

The beach is just in front of our hotel, so a quick one minute walk got us there. We enjoyed cool drinks and ice creams. We went back to the pool area where we chilled and started up this blog. What an awful way to spend a Monday afternoon... not :tongue:

Slight side note: There are so many cats here! Shadow has begun a tally of how many cats she can spot, her aim is to see at least 10!

Dinner was incredible, going half board was definitely a great idea, especially for the puddings:

Spoiler

We had a chilled rest of the evening before catching up on some more much needed sleep!

Sounds like you had a great day :smile:
:five: with shadow about coffee!
x

By judging the pictures, Dubrovnik is a beautiful place in Croatia. The cakes and puddings look so delicious.
Day 3 - 16th of October

We woke up a bit earlier today, ready to explore further a field! I don’t think I’d ever get bored to waking up to this... (no, not @shadowdweller but I don’t get bored of that either :love: )

Spoiler

Again breakfast was amazing, when we didn’t think you could add any other types of breakfast food, they still brought out different foods today.

Taking the bus into the centre of Dubrovnik (the Old Town) was an experience to say the least... I can no longer complain about how busy our buses are back at home when there were so many people crammed into one bus today :lol: Luckily it was a fairly quick 15 minute journey and there we found ourselves looked down on by the great walls of the city.

First, we decided to take the cable car up to the top of a huge hill for amazing views. This was certainly the highlight, so far anyway! We looked down on the Old Town and further areas of Dubrovnik, and made our way to a cafe. The views were breathtaking, I’ve certainly never had a coffee surrounded by such scenery!

Spoiler

After an hour or so, we headed back down to the Old Town. The Old Town was full of beautiful architecture as well as brilliant shops - I think Captain Candy (a sweet shop) had to be one of our favourites, and we spotted three of them whilst walking around. A Christmas shop was a bit of a random thing to find, but shadow is a huge Christmas fan so the sunshine and the fact it’s October didn’t stop her going in...

Spoiler

(Most of the photos of the Old Town are on my SLR camera so I’ll edit them in when we’re back home)

We spotted more cats too, bringing the total to 9!

Spoiler

The harbour area in Dubrovnik Old Town was beautiful, with a mixture of boats, hill side views, and clear water (with the added bonus of seeing the fish):

Spoiler

We faced the dreaded bus again, and headed back to the hotel. Late afternoon was spend sunbathing with a beer, and playing games.

We watched as the sunset, our hotel in the perfect position to look to the west:

Spoiler

After dinner, we headed to the rooftop bar of the hotel for cocktails. Again, probably the most best place with the most amazing views that I’ve ever had a cocktail at...

Spoiler

As many of you know, @shadowdweller and I are a couple and have been together over 3 years.

This is news to me :tongue:
subbing. :smile: Hope your both having fun btw
What a beautiful sunset! Sounds mostly good (apart from the bus ride), yay :woo:
I'll be visiting Dubrovnik for the first time this month, so I'll be keeping an eye on this :h:
Day 3 - 16th of October

We woke up a bit earlier today, ready to explore further a field! I don’t think I’d ever get bored to waking up to this... (no, not @shadowdweller but I don’t get bored of that either :love: )

Spoiler

Again breakfast was amazing, when we didn’t think you could add any other types of breakfast food, they still brought out different foods today.

Taking the bus into the centre of Dubrovnik (the Old Town) was an experience to say the least... I can no longer complain about how busy our buses are back at home when there were so many people crammed into one bus today :lol: Luckily it was a fairly quick 15 minute journey and there we found ourselves looked down on by the great walls of the city.

First, we decided to take the cable car up to the top of a huge hill for amazing views. This was certainly the highlight, so far anyway! We looked down on the Old Town and further areas of Dubrovnik, and made our way to a cafe. The views were breathtaking, I’ve certainly never had a coffee surrounded by such scenery!

Spoiler

After an hour or so, we headed back down to the Old Town. The Old Town was full of beautiful architecture as well as brilliant shops - I think Captain Candy (a sweet shop) had to be one of our favourites, and we spotted three of them whilst walking around. A Christmas shop was a bit of a random thing to find, but shadow is a huge Christmas fan so the sunshine and the fact it’s October didn’t stop her going in...

Spoiler

(Most of the photos of the Old Town are on my SLR camera so I’ll edit them in when we’re back home)

We spotted more cats too, bringing the total to 9!

Spoiler

The harbour area in Dubrovnik Old Town was beautiful, with a mixture of boats, hill side views, and clear water (with the added bonus of seeing the fish):

Spoiler

We faced the dreaded bus again, and headed back to the hotel. Late afternoon was spend sunbathing with a beer, and playing games.

We watched as the sunset, our hotel in the perfect position to look to the west:

Spoiler

After dinner, we headed to the rooftop bar of the hotel for cocktails. Again, probably the most best place with the most amazing views that I’ve ever had a cocktail at...

Spoiler

WOW it's so beautiful! :love:
Hope you're both enjoying it a lot <3
Shadow’s update: We have now seen 39 cats! :woo:
Day 4 - 17th of October

We had a full on chill day, spending most of the day at the poolside and at the beach. Cocktails from noon certainly kept making sure we felt like we were on holiday!

Spoiler

At dinner we chatted to a waiter at the hotel who told us the two cats we had seen around a lot belong to the neighbours, they call them Thomas and Zorro, both are so friendly (probably mainly because they want food from us, but still!).

The evening we had a stroll - we saw loads more cats, adding to shadow total of about 30! We walked along the seafront, which continued to boast fantastic night time views...

Spoiler

We also walked outside to the Cave bar, which we were excited to visit the next day...
Only just seen this thread :cry:
Subbing :hugs:
Glad you are having a nice time, although am looking foewfor to you both being back in England so I can come visit heuheuheu :evilbanana:

Quick Reply