The Student Room Group

How do girls expect boys to ask them out ?

Long Story Short...

I've known this girl for over a month now; she goes to the same Sixth Form as me and lives like 5 minutes away from me and we are really close and comfortable being ourselves with each other, in the first 3 days of knowing each other, we held hands and talked about what we would expect from each other if we would ever be in a relationship and we have both been following what we discussed, but everyone around us is trying to make things worse but hasn't worked but are even after a month persisting to do so. I feel as if i've caught feelings for her and its been a while since i have and im unsure of the best way to ask her out...

We spend so much time with each other that the teahers in Sixth Form even think we are together because how close we are.

Any Tips :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I really think the first kiss is massively overdue!
"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Simple as that!
Reply 3
Original post by WaffleApple
I really think the first kiss is massively overdue!

You really think so? Isn't it best its in the moment rather than rushing into it? Its not all about kisses and the romantic stuff tbh ...
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Simple as that!

"Date" sounds like i want to go out to eat with her or something anything more straight to it... "will you be my girlfriend" or something like that would be better ?
Original post by Zakkyyy
"Date" sounds like i want to go out to eat with her or something anything more straight to it... "will you be my girlfriend" or something like that would be better ?

You have not even kissed her and you want to ask if she will be your girlfriend? :eek:
Reply 6
I think "Will you be my girlfriend?" sounds a little too upfront, best to ask her out on a date, or just ask if she wants to out to eat/cinema etc.
“Are you looking to do a ting with me?” or “u looking to link up with me?” 🤣 that’s how u chat to tings in London
Original post by Anonymous
“Are you looking to do a ting with me?” or “u looking to link up with me?” 🤣 that’s how u chat to tings in London

yo fam man was preeing you from time ygm
big man wants to have a quick convo with you
you are peng
wandering if you wanna grab a quick PFC from boss and 123 movies and chill bruv cause mans broke still
Original post by Zakkyyy

Hold your horses, bucko. All you've done is hold hands. Ask her out on a date first. Asking some chick to be your girlfriend before you've even gotten to second base will probably freak her out. It sounds like you're already close and comfortable with her, so asking her out shouldn't be too difficult.

Go out a couple of times, put the moves on her, then head on into boyfriend / girlfriend territory once you have a more romantic relationship going.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
yo fam man was preeing you from time ygm
big man wants to have a quick convo with you
you are peng
wandering if you wanna grab a quick PFC from boss and 123 movies and chill bruv cause mans broke still

I'm DED LMAOOO
You have not even kissed her and you want to ask if she will be your girlfriend? :eek:

So your suggestion is to kiss casual acquaintances to find out which are girlfriend material? You give love a bad name.
Original post by Vinny C
So your suggestion is to kiss casual acquaintances to find out which are girlfriend material? You give love a bad name.

Are you muslim? Lol.

Well before a guy asks a girl if she will be his girlfriend, they usually go through something called "dating" first.

Ever heard of the "dating" stage? On the first or second "date" the man and woman will usually have the first kiss, in this dating stage!

OP has done nothing more than hold hands and do everything a best friend would do, with the woman in question. Which is why its absolutely ridiculous to ask her to become his girlfriend.

You don't ask permission for an exclusive relationship you normally build and form an actual relationship naturally!

This guy seems to be of the impresion that he has been dating her for months. When in reality he has not. They sound like they have been good friends but not much more.

"Can you please be my girlfriend, I really like you" Lmao! Sounds absolutely ridiculous and something a 10 year old would do. Adults actually develop relationships! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13

We,ve done more serious things than kissing but we both said we want our first kiss to be special, my friend who was in a relationship they knew each other for 5 years and for 6 years they never kissed until 1 year into their relationship...
Reply 14
Are you muslim? Lol.

Well before a guy asks a girl if she will be his girlfriend, they usually go through something called "dating" first.

Ever heard of the "dating" stage? On the first or second "date" the man and woman will usually have the first kiss, in this dating stage!

OP has done nothing more than hold hands and do everything a best friend would do, with the woman in question. Which is why its absolutely ridiculous to ask her to become his girlfriend.

You don't ask permission for an exclusive relationship you normally build and form an actual relationship naturally!

This guy seems to be of the impresion that he has been dating her for months. When in reality he has not. They sound like they have been good friends but not much more.

"Can you please be my girlfriend, I really like you" Lmao! Sounds absolutely ridiculous and something a 10 year old would do. Adults actually develop relationships! :smile:

yes we both are...

thing is were not adults which would be the reason why dates are not a thing that people who are 16 normally do only if they are in a relationship

i dont get where your coming from because relationships are built on being confident with one another and wanting to be around the other person, for a relationship you dont have to have kissed the girl ?

im not making out weve been "checking" for months, i clearly said a month and were not dating, its something completely different from fully getting to know everything about someone rather than jumping to kissing which then leads to lust etc... and thats what weak relationships and what they should not be built on...

so if you were an adult what question would you use to initiate to the other person preferably a guy saying it to a girl, that you want to be official rather than to be checking and having no meaning...

even tho we've held hands its nothing major there has been other stuff we have done that are way further than kissing and there isnt no one else either one of us is talking to atm, we have also been going thru other people trying to turn us against each other stirring **** and spreading rumours which the things they have said about her have really hurt her, so i dont see how this is childish in anyway, your acting as if im 30 years old and im asking advice on how to ask a girl out...

so please inform me how adults build relationships the way you are saying because of course we are adults in this situation...
Are you muslim? Lol.

I'm Hindu actually, and one waits until the lady offers herself for a kiss or kisses you. Then you ask are you willing to be... maybe just cultural differences.
Reply 16
Original post by Dandaman1
Hold your horses, bucko. All you've done is hold hands. Ask her out on a date first. Asking some chick to be your girlfriend before you've even gotten to second base will probably freak her out. It sounds like you're already close and comfortable with her, so asking her out shouldn't be too difficult.

Go out a couple of times, put the moves on her, then head on into boyfriend / girlfriend territory once you have a more romantic relationship going.

we've done other things than hold hands weve just not kissed yet which isnt really a big deal if you look at the big picture, we normally go out together on weekends and stuff. what do you mean by "put the moves on her" how do you even head into that territory?

take into thought we are both only 16 and there are limitations on alot of things we can do its not like were fully grown adults yet, from what shes told me and ive asked people it seems like shes been hinting for some time "your supposed to ask the question not me"
"you should know what im waiting for..."
everyoone already thinks we are boyfriend/girlfriend because of how close we are and they way we are with each other...
Reply 17
Original post by Vinny C
I'm Hindu actually, and one waits until the lady offers herself for a kiss or kisses you. Then you ask are you willing to be... maybe just cultural differences.

oh thats why were both Muslim so like yeh cultural differences i see...

what about if culture wasnt in this then do you think i should?
Original post by Zakkyyy
oh thats why were both Muslim so like yeh cultural differences i see...

what about if culture wasnt in this then do you think i should?

Maybe if ladies were more clear when advances were unwelcome there would be fewer misunderstandings. A slap in the face works wonders.
Reply 19
Original post by Vinny C
Maybe if ladies were more clear when advances were unwelcome there would be fewer misunderstandings. A slap in the face works wonders.

instead it leads to mixed feelings but i dont feel mixed feelings tbh because i know what i feel just unsure whether shes ready or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending