NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019 Watch

Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Hey guys!

The NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme opened today for 2019 employment. It closes in 50 days time.

You can see the entry requirements below, know that the scheme is 2.2 friendly!

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/applic...-requirements/

They have opportunities within;

Finance Management
General Management
Health Analysis
Health Informatics
Human Resources
Policy and Strategy
Health & Social Care

They have a good FAQ section to cover most basic questions!

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/faqs/

Best of luck to those that are applying! If there's anyone who has been through the process before then I'd imagine people would love to hear about your experience.
GDMF
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm just now seeing the tests section has a Video Situational Judgement test. This wasn't there before unless I'm not remembering correctly, does this mean we'll be recorded giving a response to a situation? Or does this simply mean answering questions with scenarios given in the form of videos?
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by GDMF)
I'm just now seeing the tests section has a Video Situational Judgement test. This wasn't there before unless I'm not remembering correctly, does this mean we'll be recorded giving a response to a situation? Or does this simply mean answering questions with scenarios given in the form of videos?
I think it's just video scenarios likely with a transcript attached and you need to make a deicison regarding the scenario. I think it would too much time consumption for the recruitment team for the first stage of the process to be assessing video footage haha!
GDMF
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Vexper)
I think it's just video scenarios likely with a transcript attached and you need to make a deicison regarding the scenario. I think it would too much time consumption for the recruitment team for the first stage of the process to be assessing video footage haha!
That's what I was assuming because it seemed way too rigorous so early on but had friends who have had similar tests in other schemes. Not doing the tests just yet anyway so hopefully someone who already has can confirm soon.
darkshadow1111
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What scheme is everyone applying to?
shauna280497
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know whether it matters if you complete the test early vs nearer the deadline? Like do they decide on who gets an interview on a rolling basis or once everyone has completed their online tests?
GDMF
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by christianpeters)
I've completed all my tests, passed them all
So they gave you feedback relatively fast. How similar is it to the practice ones?
connorfrench96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by shauna280497)
Does anyone know whether it matters if you complete the test early vs nearer the deadline? Like do they decide on who gets an interview on a rolling basis or once everyone has completed their online tests?
Don’t think it matters but I’d just do it as soon as poss. No harm in doing it early!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
stulfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If I apply for general management would I be eligible to apply for the NHS Scientist Training Programme?
sweetshops
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! For some reason it won't let me click next on the education part of the form despite me filling in all of the sections. Does anyone know an email for the scheme so I can get some help with this?
GDMF
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sweetshops)
Hey! For some reason it won't let me click next on the education part of the form despite me filling in all of the sections. Does anyone know an email for the scheme so I can get some help with this?
[email protected] I'd email them.
infp2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have applied for the HR scheme here. Is the video interview similar to the fast stream one?
Laura75
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I applied last year and got put on the waiting list right at the end after the assessment centre.
Unfortunately I didn't get it but applying again this year

I'm happy to answer any questions but it looks like the recruitment process has changed slightly this year so not sure how much help I'll be.

Good luck all.
Laura75
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by shauna280497)
They seem to stick to their given closing date so I don't think it matters when you do them as long as you leave yourself enough time to complete them all.
Everyone gets their test results etc on the same date as well - usually late December.
Apologies if this has changed, but i'm pretty sure it won't have done.

I'd recommend following their twitter page if you don't already (@NHSgradscheme) - they're very active on it.
GDMF
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Laura75)
I applied last year and got put on the waiting list right at the end after the assessment centre.
Unfortunately I didn't get it but applying again this year

I'm happy to answer any questions but it looks like the recruitment process has changed slightly this year so not sure how much help I'll be.

Good luck all.
What are the changes you've seen?
Laura75
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by GDMF)
What are the changes you've seen?
There wasn't a video interview stage last year. They did face to face interviews instead. I think they're opening the scheme up to more people which probably explains why they've changed it. Also every other grad scheme seems to do them don't they!

Also, the online tests looks slightly different - I can't remember exactly what they were like but it definitely had a logical one and not critical reasoning. I'm pretty sure your time wasn't taken into account last year but I could be wrong about that.
beth0129
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm looking at applying but do you have to complete the tests straight away after your application or is there a certain time frame they need to be completed in?
k_cunningham
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by beth0129)
I'm looking at applying but do you have to complete the tests straight away after your application or is there a certain time frame they need to be completed in?
You don't have to do the tests straight away, as long as you complete them before the application deadline (sometime in December I believe) you'll be fine
k_cunningham
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
They seem to stick to their given closing date so I don't think it matters when you do them as long as you leave yourself enough time to complete them all.
Everyone gets their test results etc on the same date as well - usually late December.
Apologies if this has changed, but i'm pretty sure it won't have done.

I'd recommend following their twitter page if you don't already (@NHSgradscheme) - they're very active on it.
They've told me results will be emailed on 7th Jan
connorfrench96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There wasn't a video interview stage last year. They did face to face interviews instead. I think they're opening the scheme up to more people which probably explains why they've changed it. Also every other grad scheme seems to do them don't they!

Also, the online tests looks slightly different - I can't remember exactly what they were like but it definitely had a logical one and not critical reasoning. I'm pretty sure your time wasn't taken into account last year but I could be wrong about that.
Oh, it’s a video interview instead of a face to face? Is there anywhere on the website that confirms that? Thank you for the heads up though!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.24%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (118)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.21%

Watched Threads