Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satzo123)
    okay thank you
    Hi again, I just finished going through all the sample tests and I have to say that they're more difficult than those I had previously done a month ago. This will be interesting

ReputationRep:
    I have finished all the tests and now been put on hold. Does this mean I havent scored high enough to pass straight away or is this the case for everyone until Jan?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaamay)
    I have finished all the tests and now been put on hold. Does this mean I havent scored high enough to pass straight away or is this the case for everyone until Jan?
    It's the same for everyone, don't worry can you remember if the layout of the online tests is the same as that of the practice samples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shinigami75)
    It's the same for everyone, don't worry can you remember if the layout of the online tests is the same as that of the practice samples?
    Thank you! I didnt do the practice tests so cannot confirm that sorry. If you mean what tests were in which order, It was SJT, Personality, numerical, verbal and then critical
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone thinking of applying for the DHSC Policy Fast track scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexper)

Hey guys!

The NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme opened today for 2019 employment. It closes in 50 days time.

You can see the entry requirements below, know that the scheme is 2.2 friendly!

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/applic...-requirements/

They have opportunities within;

Finance Management
    General Management
    Health Analysis
    Health Informatics
    Human Resources
    Policy and Strategy
    Health & Social Care

They have a good FAQ section to cover most basic questions!

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/faqs/

Best of luck to those that are applying! If there's anyone who has been through the process before then I'd imagine people would love to hear about your experience.

Yes, to this thread =)

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else find it annoying that the "work experience" section is the only part in which we can elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Anyone thinking of applying for the DHSC Policy Fast track scheme?
    I put it as my 3rd choice

(Original post by Satzo123)
    Anybody else find it annoying that the "work experience" section is the only part in which we can elaborate?
    I think they're saving that for the video interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shinigami75)
    Hi again, I just finished going through all the sample tests and I have to say that they're more difficult than those I had previously done a month ago. This will be interesting
    Hi there. did you find the practice tests currently on the nhs website similar to the real tests in the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student427)
    Hi there. did you find the practice tests currently on the nhs website similar to the real tests in the application?
    Hi there, I've only done the Situaional and the personality tests so far but the Situational test in the application is very similar to that included in the sample tests and it's NHS specific. The pesronality test is very long...117 questions

ReputationRep:
    Can you fail the online tests immediately or does everyone do all the tests and then they pass/ fail you, if you see what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hateusernames)
    Can you fail the online tests immediately or does everyone do all the tests and then they pass/ fail you, if you see what I mean?
    I think they compare everyone's scores together and from that they determine a pass/fail mark. Not 100% sure though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hateusernames)
    It's written in the description of the testing procedure (just before commencing the real tests) that each test has a minimum score that needs to be met, also in between tests you'll get a message saying that your score is being evaluated and if it's ok you'll be able to access the next test. As such I believe you can indeed fail straight away if your score in a test is not good enough
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well this is an long applicaiton ..

ReputationRep:
    Well this is an long applicaiton ..
    I'm planning to start the application next week or maybe the week after so I don't have to experience another torturous wait from another grad scheme application lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pp1501)
    I'm planning to start the application next week or maybe the week after so I don't have to experience another torturous wait from another grad scheme application lol
    In terms of grad schemes, I'm applying for this and the fast stream this time round. This is whilst writing up my PhD this year!

ReputationRep:
    In terms of grad schemes, I'm applying for this and the fast stream this time round. This is whilst writing up my PhD this year!
    Ahhhh I see. What subject area is your PhD on??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ahhhh I see. What subject area is your PhD on??
    Atmospheric Sciences, so very different to health, but my ultimate career goal is science policy and I previously worked in health and social care as an admin assistant funnily enough

ReputationRep:
    Atmospheric Sciences, so very different to health, but my ultimate career goal is science policy and I previously worked in health and social care as an admin assistant funnily enough
    Yeah I did a lot of work experience in the NHS because I initially wanted to do medicine and then part of my final year classes was science policy and how it affects public healthcare so this scheme and the STP as well as faststream seem to be the ideal career path for what I'm interested in
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah I did a lot of work experience in the NHS because I initially wanted to do medicine and then part of my final year classes was science policy and how it affects public healthcare so this scheme and the STP as well as faststream seem to be the ideal career path for what I'm interested in
    See, I've been interested in policy, mainly from an environmental perspective, but the strong link between environmental impacts and public health has been shown time and time again! I'm assuming you're applying for the new Health and Social Care programme?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.