The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, only just seen this.

I'd just say really look the areas of the Healthcare Leadership Model in depth and think about how you can apply them to any potential tasks.

:smile:
Original post by chlojackson123
Old post I know - but do you have any advice for the assessment centre based on your experiences from last year?
Reply 581
Original post by RSMulla
All of you working parents are going to smash it, I'm sure :smile: Seeing my mum, I don't think anything teaches you time management like parenthood!

Aw very kind, thank you 😊
Reply 582
Original post by RSMulla
Do you have any general advice from being at the NGDP one? What sorts of tasks were you assigned, if you don't mind me asking? (I'm not in the NGDP application process dw, just thinking maybe they might be some overlap!)

And dw it was last year. There were 3 exercises. A case study presentation, a group task and intray exercise. The only constructive criticism I received was that regarding the intray, I spent too much time on smaller issues and subsequently didn’t spend as much time on the more significant issues that were more important.
anyone for 19th March afternoon session?
I’ve got the option to submit my application and the “assessment centre” box has been greyed out (even though my AC isn’t until Thursday afternoon). Should I submit or do I need to wait for Thursday?
Reply 585
When I rang them about it they just said to go ahead and submit
Original post by Jacinto
I’ve got the option to submit my application and the “assessment centre” box has been greyed out (even though my AC isn’t until Thursday afternoon). Should I submit or do I need to wait for Thursday?
Thank you! 😊
Original post by GDMF
When I rang them about it they just said to go ahead and submit
Reply 587
For prep I’ve been going over the leadership model and trying to find examples of how I fit into them/ things I’ve done that apply. There are also some e-tray practices online you can do too! I’ve read most of the blogs about the assessment centre and it was mentioned that at the end we will have a one on one chat about how the day went, what we thought we did well and didn’t do so well on. My sister and my mum are both nurses in the NHS and reflection played a really big part in their education and their jobs so I’m assuming that practicing/ reading up on NHS reflections might be a good idea? Anyone else thought of other things we could cover ?
Reply 588
Does anyone doing the health analysis scheme know what the final end stage assessment consists of?
What is the assessment centre like if you don’t mind me asking? What prep do you think would be good?

(Original post by Laura75)Sorry, only just seen this.

I'd just say really look the areas of the Healthcare Leadership Model in depth and think about how you can apply them to any potential tasks.

:smile:
Reply 590
Just been told they won't be able to give the video interview feedback before the AC. Feels a bit pointless requesting now.
How’s everyone preparing for the AC ? Any people who applied to finance ?
I have an upcoming assessment centre date for the general management scheme, but I have just been offered a band 6 Service Improvement Manager role with my local NHS trust. I am unsure whether to take it or carry on pursuing the scheme. Which would be the better choice long term and for career progression?
Reply 593
I'm pretty sure thats the kind of role you get after the scheme anyway. I think your career progression is what you make of it, if you're willing to put in the work you'll succeed. I'd take that job in a second if that was my field of interest. It's a great problem to have though 😂
Original post by james.lhr2
I have an upcoming assessment centre date for the general management scheme, but I have just been offered a band 6 Service Improvement Manager role with my local NHS trust. I am unsure whether to take it or carry on pursuing the scheme. Which would be the better choice long term and for career progression?
Reply 594
I’ve tried to do some research but can’t find anything online, this is only the second year they’ve been doing HA as a stream so probs not gonna be much info out there. I thought it might be a presentation or a maths test possibly ?
Original post by RW1996
Does anyone doing the health analysis scheme know what the final end stage assessment consists of?
Original post by mazaher abbas
How’s everyone preparing for the AC ? Any people who applied to finance ?

I've applied to finance to :smile:
Haven't started prepping for the AC yet though as I have my dissertation due in a weeks time.
Anyone else got their AC on 22nd in the morning?
Does anyone know, if we get through (fingers crossed!), when we find out our regional allocation?
Hi, where can you find these e-tray exercises?
Original post by Boothy
For prep I’ve been going over the leadership model and trying to find examples of how I fit into them/ things I’ve done that apply. There are also some e-tray practices online you can do too! I’ve read most of the blogs about the assessment centre and it was mentioned that at the end we will have a one on one chat about how the day went, what we thought we did well and didn’t do so well on. My sister and my mum are both nurses in the NHS and reflection played a really big part in their education and their jobs so I’m assuming that practicing/ reading up on NHS reflections might be a good idea? Anyone else thought of other things we could cover ?
Original post by james.lhr2

Hi,

I was working at B6 before taking up the scheme.
I would say - although you get paid less than a B6, the expectation is more B7 and above in terms of what you'll be working on. There's also a huge amount of additional stuff that comes with the scheme - qualifications dependent on scheme, training opportunities, shadowing, experiential learning (which is workshop and reflection based) action learning sets, opportunities to get involved in other activities (lots of grads organising TEDxNHS this year) mentors, alumni networks...
Also not true what somebody said about being a B6 post scheme - it's definitely more B7 with a significant proportion in 8a (more likely in strategic and finance fields)

Hope this helps. Personally I would take the B6 and go to the AC too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending