The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Paramedic Science?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the ‘best’ uni for Paramedic Science is since there isn’t a league table for it?

Could you list a few pros and cons and explain why since I’ve for so many unis to choose from that I don’t know where to start!

Thank you in advance

:smile:

(Also I know I’ve posted this in nursing but I thought that was the best suited forum)
Reply 1
Ones with lots of sick people to practice on.
Original post by Vinny C
Ones with lots of sick people to practice on.

That’s not really that helpful 😔
Original post by AlmostParamedic
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the ‘best’ uni for Paramedic Science is since there isn’t a league table for it?

Could you list a few pros and cons and explain why since I’ve for so many unis to choose from that I don’t know where to start!

Thank you in advance

:smile:

(Also I know I’ve posted this in nursing but I thought that was the best suited forum)

Hi, my friend went to St George's, University of London and she loved it. Also, she loves her job. Try some open days.. maybe it will help in your decision.. Good luck
Original post by Andremasil
Hi, my friend went to St George's, University of London and she loved it. Also, she loves her job. Try some open days.. maybe it will help in your decision.. Good luck

Thanks, I hadn’t considered that university before. I’ll check it out now!
Reply 5
That’s not really that helpful 😔

Works for me, no point practicing healing if no-one is sick.
Original post by Vinny C
Works for me, no point practicing healing if no-one is sick.

At the university you practise using simulated manikins and go on placement with the ambulance service. The university don’t drag sick ppl in off the street to practise on so I don’t understand quite what you mean
Reply 7
At the university you practise using simulated manikins and go on placement with the ambulance service. The university don’t drag sick ppl in off the street to practise on so I don’t understand quite what you mean

Ah... sheltered background. I deal with people who don't really want to go running off to the authorities and seem to be quite good at it. Not lost anyone yet and my refreshing health drink guarantees you don't have worms. Must start to separate the human meds from the stuff for the cats, lol.
Original post by Vinny C
Ah... sheltered background. I deal with people who don't really want to go running off to the authorities and seem to be quite good at it. Not lost anyone yet and my refreshing health drink guarantees you don't have worms. Must start to separate the human meds from the stuff for the cats, lol.

Im sorry I’m still really confused? Are you a first aider or something? Also “health drink”, what do you mean?
Reply 9
Im sorry I’m still really confused? Are you a first aider or something? Also “health drink”, what do you mean?

I am a biker, or was, with a panache for healing. Crawled from a multi pile up and started to assist the single ambulance crew, hold that, fetch this, stop that blood pissing out. Cops arrived so I evaporated but all survived.
Original post by Vinny C
I am a biker, or was, with a panache for healing. Crawled from a multi pile up and started to assist the single ambulance crew, hold that, fetch this, stop that blood pissing out. Cops arrived so I evaporated but all survived.

Wow that’s really cool :smile: my parents are bikers too and I pillion sometimes
Wow that’s really cool :smile: my parents are bikers too and I pillion sometimes

Thanks... you are cool too. Not all bikers are bad!

Quick Reply

Latest