EShipley96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey
I’ve read loads of threads on here about applying for a job with the Civil service.
I applied in July, had my telephone interview in August, and was successful! I have got my DBS back and done all the pre employment things they have asked from me. People have also mentioned they were told if their references had been contacted too but haven’t heard anything like that.
Tomorrow I’m having a call from someone at the occupational health thing as I did the screening form. I have two disabilities and I know I’ll need an access to work assessment but my conditions will not stop me from working - it’s an admin position.
If anyone has been in a similar situation, how long after this before I would be actually offered the job? I’m at my wits end and will be my first job since uni.

Thanks,
Ella
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EShipley96)
Hey
I’ve read loads of threads on here about applying for a job with the Civil service.
I applied in July, had my telephone interview in August, and was successful! I have got my DBS back and done all the pre employment things they have asked from me. People have also mentioned they were told if their references had been contacted too but haven’t heard anything like that.
Tomorrow I’m having a call from someone at the occupational health thing as I did the screening form. I have two disabilities and I know I’ll need an access to work assessment but my conditions will not stop me from working - it’s an admin position.
If anyone has been in a similar situation, how long after this before I would be actually offered the job? I’m at my wits end and will be my first job since uni.

Thanks,
Ella
What department is it? Some move a lot slower, Home Office for example are quite slow. Was it a large recruitment drive? You're nearly there though!
EShipley96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
What department is it? Some move a lot slower, Home Office for example are quite slow. Was it a large recruitment drive? You're nearly there though!
It’s the Valuation Office Agency. I’m not too sure how many people have been recruited etc. Just frustrating because I am now waiting on this job so haven’t looked for any others since having my provisional offer, but scared something could go wrong so I need plan B..?
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EShipley96)
It’s the Valuation Office Agency. I’m not too sure how many people have been recruited etc. Just frustrating because I am now waiting on this job so haven’t looked for any others since having my provisional offer, but scared something could go wrong so I need plan B..?
It's doubtful anything will go wrong as you have already done your DBS and preemployment checks! Did occupational health call you?
EShipley96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
It's doubtful anything will go wrong as you have already done your DBS and preemployment checks! Did occupational health call you?
Yes I had a call yesterday. He said all fine and made recommendations for reasonable adjustments and suggested I go through access to work. I was told before I couldn’t contact them until have a start date but he said worth doing it ASAP so have conflicting info. But hopefully not too much longer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.8%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.2%

Watched Threads