A Level Choices Watch

DanielConmey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Okay so in about seven months I will sit my GCSE exams and after that I intend to continue studying at my school for A-Levels. I wanted peoples’ opinions on my choices for a levels and my reasoning...

I’ve decided that I’m going to study Maths, Physics, English Literature and Economics. Aside from enjoying most of these subjects, I’ve chosen them because I believe they’ll be beneficial for my ambitions in the future. My main ambition is to be a barrister so I want to study Law at university, however most universities don’t require any a levels in particular so I’ve gone with mostly stem subjects to keep my options open yet I’ve still stuck with English Literature just in case any universities prefer essay-based questions for Law.

A back up ambition in case I change my mind and don’t want to be a barrister after a levels is to be a chartered accountant. This is why I’ve chosen Maths and Economics, as they can help me get onto a good course for university which would benefit me in my ambition to become a chartered accountant.

My last back up ambition just in case I change my mind and don’t want to be a barrister nor a chartered accountant is to be a mechanical or civil engineering, hence I’ve decided to do Maths and Physics a level, which is pretty much all you need to get onto an engineering course in university.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on my choices and the reasons for why I’ve chosen them? Do you think they’ve been selected well considering my ambitions or do you think I need to think a bit more about my choices?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by DanielConmey)
Okay so in about seven months I will sit my GCSE exams and after that I intend to continue studying at my school for A-Levels. I wanted peoples’ opinions on my choices for a levels and my reasoning...

I’ve decided that I’m going to study Maths, Physics, English Literature and Economics. Aside from enjoying most of these subjects, I’ve chosen them because I believe they’ll be beneficial for my ambitions in the future. My main ambition is to be a barrister so I want to study Law at university, however most universities don’t require any a levels in particular so I’ve gone with mostly stem subjects to keep my options open yet I’ve still stuck with English Literature just in case any universities prefer essay-based questions for Law.

A back up ambition in case I change my mind and don’t want to be a barrister after a levels is to be a chartered accountant. This is why I’ve chosen Maths and Economics, as they can help me get onto a good course for university which would benefit me in my ambition to become a chartered accountant.

My last back up ambition just in case I change my mind and don’t want to be a barrister nor a chartered accountant is to be a mechanical or civil engineering, hence I’ve decided to do Maths and Physics a level, which is pretty much all you need to get onto an engineering course in university.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on my choices and the reasons for why I’ve chosen them? Do you think they’ve been selected well considering my ambitions or do you think I need to think a bit more about my choices?
I think you’ve thought about this in more than enough detail. A-Level grades are the most important thing. And your subjects fit well with your future plans. Well done! Go focus on your GCSEs ☺️
DanielConmey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thank you 🤩
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?