This discussion is closed.
h4ider20786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I'm a first year physicians associate student. I'm doing the undergrad course. So if you're interested or have any questions then comment below and I will try my best to answer them.
Stirla163
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello there. Can I ask what degree you are doing?
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
I'm doing a masters in physicians associate at Uclan
Stirla163
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Undergrad or masters?
Stirla163
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am thinking of becoming a physician Associate as well. I understand that it must be competitive. So can I ask because there is only uni in England doing physician associate undergrad what other degrees did you apply for? And how did you make your personal statement fit for them + PA?
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
It is undergrad with an itegrated masters degree. I applied for medicine but got rejected by all of them . I didn't know what to do. I didn't get AAA but I got ABB.
my personal statement was all about medicine. So after my results I came across this course and applied by clearing. I still had to do an interview. it's not MMI but just 1 big interview. honestly it's not THAT competitive as not many people know about it yet. The interview wasn't that hard . you just need to show them that you're a likable person. like I'm really bad at interviews and my English is bad, like I never use any fancy words. but I still got in. if I got in anyone can get in.
like I said this uni wants more people in physician associate course as last year there were only 6 and this year only 18.
I'm sorry if I couldn't give useful information on PS as u didn't write a PS about physician associate.
Look on the website for more details. just type in Uclan ( which is the university of central lancashire) undergraduate physicians associate and it should come up.
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
I* not u
Stirla163
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much.
Yeah I will look on the website for more info.
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stirla163)
Thank you so much.
Yeah I will look on the website for more info.
happy to help 😁
TheEnchantress
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by h4ider20786)
It is undergrad with an itegrated masters degree. I applied for medicine but got rejected by all of them . I didn't know what to do. I didn't get AAA but I got ABB.
my personal statement was all about medicine. So after my results I came across this course and applied by clearing. I still had to do an interview. it's not MMI but just 1 big interview. honestly it's not THAT competitive as not many people know about it yet. The interview wasn't that hard . you just need to show them that you're a likable person. like I'm really bad at interviews and my English is bad, like I never use any fancy words. but I still got in. if I got in anyone can get in.
like I said this uni wants more people in physician associate course as last year there were only 6 and this year only 18.
I'm sorry if I couldn't give useful information on PS as u didn't write a PS about physician associate.
Look on the website for more details. just type in Uclan ( which is the university of central lancashire) undergraduate physicians associate and it should come up.
Hey this is so useful Thankyou 🌸 But I’m confused why this course was in clearing because I thought it was extremely difficult to get in to 💎 I really want to do it but I messed up in my mocks and now my predicted grades are bad. Do you think I should still apply? Do you think it’ll go through clearing this year? And are you enjoying it 🎀
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
yh it will go in to clearing. apply by clearing if u get the grades. the first year is exactly the same as the medicine first year. So yh it's pretty tough but I'm still enjoying it
TheEnchantress
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by h4ider20786)
yh it will go in to clearing. apply by clearing if u get the grades. the first year is exactly the same as the medicine first year. So yh it's pretty tough but I'm still enjoying it
But why does it go into clearing if it’s so competitive 🧐 Also around what time of the year does it go into clearing and was the clearing process hard. Sorry for being annoying ☺️🙈
h4ider20786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Lol I don't know why it goes in to clearing. and it actually wasn't that hard tbh. if u got the grades and passed the interview you're in. I dont know the exact dates but I applied straight after I got my results.
Lozc3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I am in year 12 and I am interested in the undergraduate physician associate course. What work experience is useful for the course and is it the only undergraduate physician associate course in the UK?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads