The Student Room Group

Final Year Project - New Ideas?

I am studying Comp Sci. My interest is to build a website involving Big Data.
There is a section called 'New Ideas' after the Literature Review/Context.
I don't quite understand what kind of new ideas should I think of?
Do they have to be solving technical problems or improving qualities(e.g. performance, security) of existing websites? (I think this is very difficult)
Or could they be creating a new functionality that other websites don't have in order to meet the needs of the user?Or what else could they be?
Original post by YC567
I am studying Comp Sci. My interest is to build a website involving Big Data.
There is a section called 'New Ideas' after the Literature Review/Context.
I don't quite understand what kind of new ideas should I think of?
Do they have to be solving technical problems or improving qualities(e.g. performance, security) of existing websites? (I think this is very difficult)
Or could they be creating a new functionality that other websites don't have in order to meet the needs of the user?Or what else could they be?

Some universities use varying nomenclature, and so giving a definitive answer here is difficult. Your best bet is to speak to your supervisor to establish what you're expected to put under each chapter/section.

It's ambiguous, going from this post alone, whether 'New Ideas' would be a section for your 'future work' or whether it acts as a 'state of the art' definition of where your project brings new ideas over existing market products. I'd suggest the latter seems more likely, given that it follows directly from the 'Context' section; your future work suggestions would tend to be in the latter stages of the dissertation. That being said, that's merely a hunch. The only way to be certain of what you need to do within that section is to speak to your supervisor or dissertation module coordinator.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending