Braces!! Please help! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My very last tightening is on the 5th of November and i'm honestly freaking out! They dont look any different and seemed to, in this past month, have only gotten worse (i have big gaps at the top side of my mouth between my teeth and a slight overbite ). A few of my teeth that needed fixing also have been stuck in the same position and have not moved over this entire year- but everytime i ask about it with my dentist they say that everythings looking good but i can see in the mirror that it isn't!! :/// I payed quite a bit of money for these and do not wanna be disappointed. Is this normal or should i ask to keep them on longer??
Bangtan'sarmy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I know exactly how you're feeling, but if you say you are paying money for the braces then they should listen to your concerns.Surly!?!Tell them you are not satisfied with how your teeth are and maybe use a stronger wire maybe even a power chain.I don't know much but all i would say is if they don't listen to you and decide to take the braces off make sure you ALWAYS wear your retainers.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bangtan'sarmy)
I know exactly how you're feeling, but if you say you are paying money for the braces then they should listen to your concerns.Surly!?!Tell them you are not satisfied with how your teeth are and maybe use a stronger wire maybe even a power chain.I don't know much but all i would say is if they don't listen to you and decide to take the braces off make sure you ALWAYS wear your retainers.
Thank you for replying! Yeah i booked an 'emergency' appointment and told them how i felt so theyve made some changes. Fingers crossed it all works out
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
exact same here, i feel like i still don't have a straight smile i've had my braces for almost year and after 2 tightenings they're hoping to take mine off, they don't think i need the usual 2 years but i feel like all that pain and torture hasn't been worth it its not made the worlds difference to my teeth and glad to kno im not the only one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
exact same here, i feel like i still don't have a straight smile i've had my braces for almost year and after 2 tightenings they're hoping to take mine off, they don't think i need the usual 2 years but i feel like all that pain and torture hasn't been worth it its not made the worlds difference to my teeth and glad to kno im not the only one
Don't worry you aren't the only one! I had booked a snap appointment and asked if they can fix it.. they said nothing was wrong but seem to have put on my orginal chain tightening thing- which surely means that i was right??? They are saying that it is the shape of my teeth and that's why they won't be perfectly straight. Maybe you could just say that you don't think they are okay to come off yet? Or say that they aren't as straight as you had hoped...After this tightening they seem to be moving again so maybe in your last two your teeth will start to complete their moving
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Don't worry you aren't the only one! I had booked a snap appointment and asked if they can fix it.. they said nothing was wrong but seem to have put on my orginal chain tightening thing- which surely means that i was right??? They are saying that it is the shape of my teeth and that's why they won't be perfectly straight. Maybe you could just say that you don't think they are okay to come off yet? Or say that they aren't as straight as you had hoped...After this tightening they seem to be moving again so maybe in your last two your teeth will start to complete their moving
i hopee i mean i really cant wait to get them off and have a nice straight smile and would do everything to maintain it as in the retainers afterwards but i guess its not been a complete year yet so by feb it'll be a whole year and i'll see the difference.. i mean tbh i got it done by the nhs which was due to my bite and they don't really do it for free for cosmetic reasons you'd have to pay to get that done if you kno what i mean for the orthodontists if my bite is better which was the reason they did my treatment for free then it'd be time for them to come off i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads