The Student Room Group

Blocked Payments

I am actually confused, I applied for student finance for a doctorate which was approved but is blocked.
Student finance say it’s because I unsuccessfully applied for a Masters degree loan which I gave up on first because I lost interest in the course but also because SFE was making way too many demands I couldn’t be bothered.
Can SFE block future applications for failure to complete a previous application? Is there a law that you must take the loan and if you do not it’s a problem?
They also seem to be asking so many questions about my past failed and successful qualifications? Is it their business what I do with my life privately before I come to them for help??? My case worker is called Matthew Pisley in the counter fraud team and I need to pay my tuition fees urgently so need to know what this is all about
Original post by Princess Kyalya
I am actually confused, I applied for student finance for a doctorate which was approved but is blocked.
Student finance say it’s because I unsuccessfully applied for a Masters degree loan which I gave up on first because I lost interest in the course but also because SFE was making way too many demands I couldn’t be bothered.
Can SFE block future applications for failure to complete a previous application? Is there a law that you must take the loan and if you do not it’s a problem?
They also seem to be asking so many questions about my past failed and successful qualifications? Is it their business what I do with my life privately before I come to them for help??? My case worker is called Matthew Pisley in the counter fraud team and I need to pay my tuition fees urgently so need to know what this is all about

Hi there,

Did you apply for the Postgraduate Loan from us previously but not complete the course?

Thanks, Erin
I first applied 2015/16 but there was no option for Master of Social Work so an SFE official advised me to just tick BA Social Work which I did. I was offered a loan but SFE refused to pay out because the University could only confirm MSW so I dropped off. Academic year 2016/17 the university contacted me and informed me SFE was now offering post graduate loan. I tried applying at home but kept getting an error message hence went to the student centre where I was helped to fill in the form.I remember the man mentioning something like “may be we need to remove the qualifications” but I did not pay attention to what he was doing.SFE asked for my qualifications subsequently but by that time my troubles were up to my neck with divorce proceedings so completely abandoned the course and SFE application without receiving any money from SFE.This year I decided to get myself back on my feet and successfully applied for a doctoral loan but just like before they have asked for all my qualifications which I sent.The last I spoke to Matthew he was claiming they needed original transcripts but I lost those along time ago and only have electronic signed transcripts from the university.I am still struggling to understand what this qualifications thing is all about; whether one is not allowed to apply for SFE if you have other qualifications. I have never accessed SFE before so do not understand the system or what’s going on. I am happy to avail student number if it can help advise me better
Hi,

Can you please message us privately on Twitter or Facebook so we can securely access your account and look into this for you? Please include your Customer Reference Number, name and the link to this query.

Thanks,
Nihad
Okapi au thanks Nihad
Original post by Princess Kyalya
Okapi au thanks Nihad

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending