Should I apply for university at age 30? Watch

Divstar1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am debating whether to go to university or not to do business and marketing. Should I apply at age 30?
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Divstar1)
I am debating whether to go to university or not to do business and marketing. Should I apply at age 30?
Of course. Absolutely, you should. I just graduated at 70. Off you go.
username4288010
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i graduated with a similar degree. what i found out is this its basically a micky mouse degree and doesnt hold much value in job market. a better choice would have been economics, or acc and finance. and during those degrees picked optional business modules that were of interest. if not then doing an apprenticeship. or entry level training scheme (for u there are alot of marketing ones out there). i applied for grad schemes and honestly dont stand a chance in the world. so ive been forced to look at entry level jobs dont even need a degree for. im considering doing conversion course one day to study something of value
RenéDescartes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
Of course. Absolutely, you should. I just graduated at 70. Off you go.
70?! damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
London Met Uni
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Divstar1)
Hi Divstar1,

I don't think it's ever too late to think of going back to further education - no matter what age.

I'm one of the official London Met reps and just wanted to add that we have our very own Mature Student Officer here at the uni, who is here to provide support to all of our mature students.

At London Met we have a high proportion of mature students, as we have a really diverse student body and offer flexible course options. So we're well used to helping students like you. In fact 68% of our students are mature, so they really feel like they belong

I'm including the link to our mature student page and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck with your future studies!

Nonie
notespad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My dad got into medical school when he was 44 (I was in secondary school). I graduated medical school before him! No other doctors in teh family.

Do it if it makes you happy + your circumstances allow
username4288010
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i dont think there is an issue of age but what OP is gonna study
saffronmae
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you should!
Maybe go visit universities, speak to the lecturers/course organisers, see what they think. I'm sure all would encourage you.
Also, it wouldn't hurt to apply. You can always change your mind before finally accepting the offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads