Turn on thread page Beta

Sunderland Medicine Applicants 2019 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)
    Thank you so much for letting me know! I managed to call them and they said it’s my UKCAT that let me down... it’s a shame really... so I guess we take it as a rejection?
    If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get in your UKCAT?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs00786)If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get in your UKCAT?

No I dont mind! I got 2,520, so an average of 630. I was happy with my score tbh but if it doesnt meet the cut off then it is what it is!
    What did you get? I wouldn't worry tho if youve got the R&R form becuase that means youve passed the academic screening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)
    (Original post by ibs00786)If you don’t mind me asking, what did you get in your UKCAT?

No I dont mind! I got 2,520, so an average of 630. I was happy with my score tbh but if it doesnt meet the cut off then it is what it is!
    What did you get? I wouldn't worry tho if youve got the R&R form becuase that means youve passed the academic screening.
    That’s weird as I only got 2360

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs00786)
    Also that UKCAT results were passed onto universities after the R&R form deadline (02/11/18). It doesn’t seem to add up.

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGG! that is!
    OK I dont know what to think now. My ucas track still says they're considering my application. I'm very confused. I think it's their first year for med so they're a bit confused. The lady over the phone didn't sound too sure either. I am just waiting now...

ReputationRep:
    Also that UKCAT results were passed onto universities after the R&R form deadline (02/11/18). It doesn’t seem to add up.
    the lady on the phone just said.. your ukcat is a bit low isn't it?
    I think they forgot to send me the form and now they're making excuses... I dont know, might call them again
    But best of luck to you and hope you get an interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)
    I think they forgot to send me the form and now they're making excuses... I dont know, might call them again
    Yeah hopefully they follow up and send you the R&R form. Good Luck to you to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)

I got 2500 so this is really strange !! I hope it all gets sorted for you

ReputationRep:
    For those who haven’t got the R&R form, did you enter your UCAS personal id number on the ukcat website on time before the deadline ? If not, then the universities wouldn’t have received your ukcat score.

I got an R&R form and had 2380, so If you have a score above that, then I don’t think it’s the ukcat that is the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)
    Yeah, the lady I spoke to was so confused. I had every other subject except in biology that I had grade C. I asked her so the A-levels doesn't count even though I had A* in A-levels, she said it doesn't count. she was quite confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsSoHard)
    For those who haven’t got the R&R form, did you enter your UCAS personal id number on the ukcat website on time before the deadline ? If not, then the universities wouldn’t have received your ukcat score.

I got an R&R form and had 2380, so If you have a score above that, then I don’t think it’s the ukcat that is the issue.
    Yeah I get what you mean! will defo give them a call again tomorrow and hope someone else picks up the phone lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Z)
    Hi, did they ask you to email them because she was so impatient and asked me to email?

ReputationRep:
    When I sent off my roles and responsibilties form, I only recieved a generic reply in return saying that a reply will be sent if necessary. Should I have expected a specific acknowledgement that the form was R&R?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeJackSmith)
    When I sent off my roles and responsibilties form, I only recieved a generic reply in return saying that a reply will be sent if necessary. Should I have expected a specific acknowledgement that the form was R&R?
    I don’t think so, I didn’t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeJackSmith)
    No that is fine!! That is all I’ve received and I’ve been in contact with Sunderland university (about something else) but they confirmed they have received it and they’re currently being processed (scary stuff) x

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email for the Sunderland Online Portal

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email for the Sunderland Online Portal
    Me too do you think this means interviews will be sent out soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceiroar)
    Me too do you think this means interviews will be sent out soon?
    Yeah I think so, as most universities use a portal to select interview dates.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think so, as most universities use a portal to select interview dates.
    Me too ! Ahh scary 😅

ReputationRep:
    https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/help/sc...-requirements/

The website states that they will welcome postgraduate and international students in the future. So it could be that this year they accept applications from home A/Level students only? Is that right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 7, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.