The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I applied for this role too, the G6 Business Support Assistant, had my interview on 29th June and just got told today I was successful at interview, but I've been placed in the candidate pool, they can't offer me a post immediately. My only location preference was London. Who knows what this means!
Reply 201
Hi there, how did you interview go and have you heard anything yet? :smile:
Original post by JOM1245
Hey! I applied for this role too, the G6 Business Support Assistant, had my interview on 29th June and just got told today I was successful at interview, but I've been placed in the candidate pool, they can't offer me a post immediately. My only location preference was London. Who knows what this means!

That’s awesome news! Congratulations! It’s good you heard back quickly too. It seems the application process is so complicated, you would have thought they would have offered the 6 places first and then put people into the candidate pool?
Original post by Mla96
Hi there, how did you interview go and have you heard anything

Hey! I don’t think the interview went well haha, but I’m eager to get feedback either way for improvement etc!
Reply 204
Original post by JOM1245

Hi, this is the same as me! My interview was on the 30th of June and I received an email today to say I’m in the candidate pool. Hoping that they will actually be able to offer a job!
Thank you that’s kind!I agree you’d think they’d fill the posts then put everyone else into the pool. I wish they’d be more transparent about what’s happening so not to cause confusion! Good luck, let us know how you get on!
Original post by Mla96
Hi, this is the same as me! My interview was on the 30th of June and I received an email today to say I’m in the candidate pool. Hoping that they will actually be able to offer a job!

Congrats :smile: fingers crossed! What was your preferred location?
Reply 207
Original post by JOM1245
Congrats :smile: fingers crossed! What was your preferred location?

Thanks !!! I just hope that we don’t have to wait too long. My first choice was manchester but I didn’t meet the bench mark for that location, so my next choice would be Warrington.
Original post by Mla96
Thanks !!! I just hope that we don’t have to wait too long. My first choice was manchester but I didn’t meet the bench mark for that location, so my next choice would be Warrington.

Same, waiting isn’t fun!
Reply 209
Original post by JOM1245

Hey, I’ve applied for a G6 business support role as well and had my interview today. Please may I ask, was it just the interview you had to do, didn’t have to go to another stage eg assessment centre or anything like that before being placed in the candidate pool? Have they said anything about the psych evaluation, medical and substance test when you were successful? Well done for passing the interview :smile:
Original post by A9048
Hey, I’ve applied for a G6 business support role as well and had my interview today. Please may I ask, was it just the interview you had to do, didn’t have to go to another stage eg assessment centre or anything like that before being placed in the candidate pool? Have they said anything about the psych evaluation, medical and substance test when you were successful? Well done for passing the interview :smile:

Hey, it’s just the interview there’s nothing more. They’ve just said pre-employment checks will commence including vetting and medicals etc, so they will be done in due course I guess. Even though I don’t even know if I’ve got a job 😂 good luck with your interview result, which location have you chosen? :smile:
Reply 211
Original post by JOM1245
Hey, it’s just the interview there’s nothing more. They’ve just said pre-employment checks will commence including vetting and medicals etc, so they will be done in due course I guess. Even though I don’t even know if I’ve got a job 😂 good luck with your interview result, which location have you chosen? :smile:

Thank you for this! Warrington was my first choice :smile:
I applied for the G5 Business Support Officer role and 3 weeks ago I got invited to an interview. My interview is a telephone one and is on the 27th of July. I thought this thread would be helpful but was instead really off-putting :s-smilie::bawling:I was just hoping to pass the interview but now it seems that I will just be placed in a candidate pool .... and I still have to wait three weeks until the interview!
Original post by ally_xox_
I applied for the G5 Business Support Officer role and 3 weeks ago I got invited to an interview. My interview is a telephone one and is on the 27th of July. I thought this thread would be helpful but was instead really off-putting :s-smilie::bawling:I was just hoping to pass the interview but now it seems that I will just be placed in a candidate pool .... and I still have to wait three weeks until the interview!

Not necessarily! They could place you straight away if you do well I suppose. This thread is only going to have people who have been placed in the pool looking for info off other people probably, if people have got the job they probably won’t be looking on here- just a thought!

Good luck for your interview :smile:
Reply 214
Hey, how did you find your interview? Please let us know when you hear anything :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by A9048
Hey, I’ve applied for a G6 business support role as well and had my interview today. Please may I ask, was it just the interview you had to do, didn’t have
to go to another stage eg assessment centre or anything like that before being placed in the candidate pool? Have they said anything about the psych evaluation, medical and substance test when you were successful? Well done for passing the interview :smile:

hi there, how did you feel your interview went? Please let us know when you hear anything :smile:
Reply 216
Hi, it’s hard to tell to be honest. I answered the questions in a lot of detail as best I could and feel like it might have gone okay, but who knows! I keep checking my emails about 60 times per day haha! :smile:
Hey guys! I received an email this afternoon saying that I have also been placed in a candidate pool and due to commence pre-employment checks. Has anyone had any emails regarding employment checks? I’m so anxious as I have seen in this thread how long it can take and with the virus I’m wondering if it will take any longer haha? Also, has anyone applied for London?
Original post by chsooo
Hey guys! I received an email this afternoon saying that I have also been placed in a candidate pool and due to commence pre-employment checks. Has anyone had any emails regarding employment checks? I’m so anxious as I have seen in this thread how long it can take and with the virus I’m wondering if it will take any longer haha? Also, has anyone applied for London?

Congrats! I emailed to ask about what being in the pool means and they told me everyone who passes the interview first goes into the pool until all interview etc are done then they will post people in merit order from the pool. Also with regards to pre-employment checks, from my experience yes they take forever. There’s vetting forms, medical forms, substance tests etc which all together take months unless they try to rush it through but vetting is a separate department.

And yes I applied to London too!
Original post by JOM1245
Congrats! I emailed to ask about what being in the pool means and they told me everyone who passes the interview first goes into the pool until all interview etc are done then they will post people in merit order from the pool. Also with regards to pre-employment checks, from my experience yes they take forever. There’s vetting forms, medical forms, substance tests etc which all together take months unless they try to rush it through but vetting is a separate department.

And yes I applied to London too!

Thank you, it was much to my surprise haha! Ok sure, I wonder how long the interviews will go on for? When I was reading through the thread it did seem like positions in London were offered quite quick in comparison to other places, perhaps because it’s a major hub? I guess it’s just a waiting game now, but at least we’re through the selection process!

That’s awesome, I’ll let you know if I get any emails etc!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending