National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Watch this thread
A9048
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SophieLouise4)
Just to update people who are still waiting, I received an email on 8 October saying they had found a position for me in Warrington for the G5 Role, I had my interview at the end of July and was told I was in the candidate pool, thought it was going to be a longer wait but it was only a month or so after being told I was in the pool.
That’s great well done! What was your score please if you don’t mind me asking? I also applied for this position in Warrington and just trying to work out how far down the merit list I am haha! Thanks
Roxas
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations! I hope that means we are all due to start hearing back, I’m really eager to get going 😂

This thread being quiet for a week + no emails was making me sad haha.
JayneM89
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just to update people who are still waiting, I received an email on 8 October saying they had found a position for me in Warrington for the G5 Role, I had my interview at the end of July and was told I was in the candidate pool, thought it was going to be a longer wait but it was only a month or so after being told I was in the pool.
Congratulations! I’m hoping for Warrington too...
what were your scores btw? And who did you receive the email from? Thanks x
Roxas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sorry to bombard you with questions, I was also just wondering about what kind of role you will be doing? Do you know if you are operational or HR or whatever else there might be? So excited for you!
SophieLouise4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A9048)
That’s great well done! What was your score please if you don’t mind me asking? I also applied for this position in Warrington and just trying to work out how far down the merit list I am haha! Thanks
Thank you so much!! 😊 My overall score was 36, it said I got 6 each on the competencies but didn’t say for the experience ones so not sure what it’s out of!
SophieLouise4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JayneM89)
Congratulations! I’m hoping for Warrington too...
what were your scores btw? And who did you receive the email from? Thanks x
Thank you so much!! I got a 36 overall, 6 on the competencies but didn’t say for the experience ones and the email was from Civil Service Jobs, I had to sign and return a conditional offer letter and send off my occupational health questionnaire 😊
SophieLouise4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roxas)
Sorry to bombard you with questions, I was also just wondering about what kind of role you will be doing? Do you know if you are operational or HR or whatever else there might be? So excited for you!
Aww thank you so much!! I was not expecting it! And it says G5 Business Support Operations - Intelligence, so I’m assuming it’s intelligence which was my first choice - hope that’s what you mean anyways I’m not 100% on all the different roles ahaha!
JayneM89
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Aww thank you so much!! I was not expecting it! And it says G5 Business Support Operations - Intelligence, so I’m assuming it’s intelligence which was my first choice - hope that’s what you mean anyways I’m not 100% on all the different roles ahaha!
Sorry another questions, did you get the email saying you hadn’t been posted in October and then receive an email with the offer or did you just receive the offer letter on the 8th?

Thanks
A9048
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much!! 😊 My overall score was 36, it said I got 6 each on the competencies but didn’t say for the experience ones so not sure what it’s out of!
Thank you for this! My score was nowhere near this lol think I’m quite far down the merit list then
Roxas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes that was exactly what I meant, a really exciting role too! (For me anyways) the intelligence ones sound the most interesting so I hope it all works out for you. Who knows in a few years or whatever you might’ve progressed up the ranks of investigations!

If you are still okay doing this, it would be awesome if you could come back every now and again and let us know what it’s like moving from here to your start date, and maybe even the job itself once it gets going if you are comfortable with that!

Again well done, 36! That’s the highest score I’ve heard of on the thread so you must have done exceptionally well.
SophieLouise4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sorry another questions, did you get the email saying you hadn’t been posted in October and then receive an email with the offer or did you just receive the offer letter on the 8th?

Thanks
No I didn’t get that, the only email I received after the candidate pool one was a survey and then the conditional offer! 😊
A9048
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Not sure if this has already been asked on the thread but please could I ask (If anyone doesn’t mind sharing) what kind of backgrounds people have come from when applying for these roles, employment wise I mean? Like admin roles, civil service, police etc? Thanks
SophieLouise4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roxas)
Yes that was exactly what I meant, a really exciting role too! (For me anyways) the intelligence ones sound the most interesting so I hope it all works out for you. Who knows in a few years or whatever you might’ve progressed up the ranks of investigations!

If you are still okay doing this, it would be awesome if you could come back every now and again and let us know what it’s like moving from here to your start date, and maybe even the job itself once it gets going if you are comfortable with that!

Again well done, 36! That’s the highest score I’ve heard of on the thread so you must have done exceptionally well.
I know it’s the one I’m most interested in too! I just really want a job I’m actually interested in 😂
Yeah of course I will keep you updated, it’s so much easier seeing what other people go through sometimes to be able to know what to expect. I currently work in the civil service atm so I’m unsure whether that is why I got a position so early! Aww thank you so much, hope you hear soon! 😊
Roxas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A9048)
Not sure if this has already been asked on the thread but please could I ask (If anyone doesn’t mind sharing) what kind of backgrounds people have come from when applying for these roles, employment wise I mean? Like admin roles, civil service, police etc? Thanks
Sure thing! I graduated in 2018, spent some time teaching English abroad and since being back in the uk moved between some disappointing customer service roles. I started temping last December as I wanted to try and move into HR and away from customer service and have been doing admin/hr since. Really wanting to not temp anymore! The lack of job security isn’t great how about you?
Neeshhhy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi Congratulations! I wanted to give an update too on the 8th Oct I also received an conditional offer for a role G5 business support officer in London. I didn't receive any updates about posting panels for Oct. I had to sign a few forms. I too thought it would be longer, had my interview early Aug, candidate pool Sep and offer in Oct. I just thought I'd update you all so you know the process is moving along.
Last edited by Neeshhhy; 1 year ago
Roxas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Neeshhhy)
Hi Congratulations! I wanted to give an update too on the 8th Oct I also received an conditional offer for a role G5 business support officer in London. I didn't receive any updates about posting panels for Oct. I had to sign a few forms. I too thought it would be longer, had my interview early Aug, candidate pool Sep and offer in Oct. I just thought I'd update you all so you know the process is moving along.
Congratulations to you! That’s great news

Sorry we are all going to bombard you with the same questions haha, but I thought I’d get in there first.

Do you mind sharing about your role title? Are you intelligence too like Sophie?

Also the score you got on your interview?

Thanks in advance
A9048
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roxas)
Sure thing! I graduated in 2018, spent some time teaching English abroad and since being back in the uk moved between some disappointing customer service roles. I started temping last December as I wanted to try and move into HR and away from customer service and have been doing admin/hr since. Really wanting to not temp anymore! The lack of job security isn’t great how about you?
Thank you for sharing! I was just interested to know what kind of backgrounds people were coming from! I graduated last year with a forensic psychology degree, currently working in an offender rehab centre for experience but a career was always my goal! Hopefully we’ll be placed soon x
anisaoox
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on my status.

I got offered a role at Birmingham today as a Business Support Officer!

I was in the candidate pool from September until now.

Any questions feel free to ask
JayneM89
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anisaoox)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on my status.

I got offered a role at Birmingham today as a Business Support Officer!

I was in the candidate pool from September until now.

Any questions feel free to ask
Congratulations! Exciting that people are being placed, so at least we know it’s moving along!

Do you mind telling us what your overall score was?

Thanks
anisaoox
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations! Exciting that people are being placed, so at least we know it’s moving along!

Do you mind telling us what your overall score was?

Thanks
My score was 30

Yes the process is moving along and quicker than I expected! hopefully you all will find positions soon. Forgot to add its the G5 role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (30)
22.39%
The paper was reasonable (62)
46.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
9.7%

Watched Threads