The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

Quick update: I have just been given a start date for the B5 business support officer role in Warrington, been a long process since getting my official offer in October but finally paying off.
Congratulations! I just wanted to ask how long did it take to get your formal offer after the drug test?
So I have finally had my substance test. The tester said that I will be notified of the results in a couple of weeks… hoping this is the final stage of my vetting and that I will be given a posting soon… as I believe I have two months left in the Candidate Pool… fingers crossed
It only took two weeks after my drug test to get a start date so seems to be the last stage!
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I was given my start date less than 2 weeks after my drug test :smile: it is a long process but got there in the end!
Reply 585
Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Technically the 1 year wait list has expired but they extended it to December.

Have just seen NCA business support officer role is recruiting again on civil service jobs - should we try again? I have more experience now I could score higher!
I got offered a G5 role in their Legal department 3 days ago for a post in London, so luckily for me the panel placed me in the first month of the extension.I think we got offered Chelmsford around the same time too so you should hang in there.
Reply 587
Original post by MrsTeacup
I got offered a G5 role in their Legal department 3 days ago for a post in London, so luckily for me the panel placed me in the first month of the extension.I think we got offered Chelmsford around the same time too so you should hang in there.

oh im really happy for you! Congratulations I hope it goes really well
Reply 588
I’m thinking to apply for the 2021 NCA Business Support Apprenticeship in Intelligence so I thought it would be good to see what people say about it on this site. The waiting and lack of communication is very similar to the Border Force recruitment so I think all CS departments share this similarity of long waits etc
Reply 589
Original post by Wundr
I’m thinking to apply for the 2021 NCA Business Support Apprenticeship in Intelligence so I thought it would be good to see what people say about it on this site. The waiting and lack of communication is very similar to the Border Force recruitment so I think all CS departments share this similarity of long waits etc

Do you have a link for the apprenticeship? Not one i've seen
Reply 591
I was just offered a role in Chelmsford! I guess I am relocating :biggrin:
I have been offered that role too. Is this far from where you live?
Reply 593
Original post by JayneM89
I have been offered that role too. Is this far from where you live?

im in london so yeah pretty far, ill look to move instead of commute i think. Congratulations! do you think youll accept? Feel free to DM we probably have all the same concerns!!
Anyone else with an offer had to redo pre-employment checks? If so, did it take the full 16 weeks?
Reply 595
Just started pre employment checks for a role. 16 weeks feels so long I just want to start 😭
Reply 596
Original post by Roxas
Just started pre employment checks for a role. 16 weeks feels so long I just want to start 😭

I found out today that I was unsuccessful for the Support Assistant 2021 intake.
I feel ok about it only because I applied for another role and next week the result for that sift is due...so excitedly nervous!
Reply 597
Original post by Wundr
I found out today that I was unsuccessful for the Support Assistant 2021 intake.
I feel ok about it only because I applied for another role and next week the result for that sift is due...so excitedly nervous!

Good luck! I think perseverance really does pay off, I was on a wait list for 11 months and then got offered 2 roles in the space of 2 weeks, just have to keep at it :smile:

Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful application, but hopefully there is some advice/tips or just the experience itself you can take forward for the next attempts!
Original post by Roxas

Have you had any updates? I will assume that we will hear back next year… 😂😭
Reply 599
Original post by roseyposey9
Have you had any updates? I will assume that we will hear back next year… 😂😭

Naw just all the basics! Filling out the forms, and waiting to hear back now.

How’s yours going? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending