National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Watch this thread
xiianiisha1212
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hi all,For those who have started this role, how is it like?The role, responsibility, culture?I have been offered a role and I am in the status of deciding whether to leave or remain in my current role?Thanks in advance!
roseyposey9
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Roxas)
Naw just all the basics! Filling out the forms, and waiting to hear back now.

How’s yours going?
I completed the forms a while ago so just a waiting game now — edging towards 16 weeks… fingers crossed!
VimtoLover
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi All just received an email saying I’ve been successful in stage 1 of 3 of the vetting process for a G5 role. Does anyone know what stage 1 consists of? And what stage 2 and 3 involve? So far I’ve filled in forms regarding my previous employment history, family history, previous abodes and my substance misuse test.
roseyposey9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by VimtoLover)
Hi All just received an email saying I’ve been successful in stage 1 of 3 of the vetting process for a G5 role. Does anyone know what stage 1 consists of? And what stage 2 and 3 involve? So far I’ve filled in forms regarding my previous employment history, family history, previous abodes and my substance misuse test.
No idea!! Also received an update email… hoping for a start date next time!
VimtoLover
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by roseyposey9)
No idea!! Also received an update email… hoping for a start date next time!
Any inclination as to when this may be?
Says 16 weeks but is that 16 weeks from now or from when we completed the portal?

This has been such a long process, I’ve been in the pool since September 2019…
roseyposey9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Any inclination as to when this may be?
Says 16 weeks but is that 16 weeks from now or from when we completed the portal?

This has been such a long process, I’ve been in the pool since September 2019…
No idea which is really frustrating. I have pestered the vetting team in the past and there is nothing they can indicate re timelines. I feel you on that note… it’s been two years since I sent my application off… it took two months to get from Stage One to complete Stage Two of the pecs. I am personally telling myself 16 weeks from when we completed the forms ect.
Last edited by roseyposey9; 4 months ago
Roxas
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
As far as I am aware the 3 stages are: background checks, occupational health and substance tests. Not sure which is which though!
Roxas
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
This is the slowest 16 weeks of my life I swear 😂
roseyposey9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have a start date but the most annoying thing is that another job has come through and I might take that instead! 😅
Roxas
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by roseyposey9)
I have a start date but the most annoying thing is that another job has come through and I might take that instead! 😅
Congratulations! Did you end up over it under that 16 week timescale?

Also congrats on the other job offer! What’s that one for? Gotta weigh the pros and cons I guess
roseyposey9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Roxas)
Congratulations! Did you end up over it under that 16 week timescale?

Also congrats on the other job offer! What’s that one for? Gotta weigh the pros and cons I guess
Pretty much the same role in a different department! And for sure! I can only wish the NCA had been more speedy with things. Roughly about 16-20 weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (25)
23.58%
The paper was reasonable (47)
44.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
21.7%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed