National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer Watch

kipper44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was told on 7 June that I was successful at interview (for a London role) and have been placed in the candidate pool - finding the wait very frustrating so far! I was also thinking, if they make you wait longer than 6 months, surely they can't expect you to accept the salary the role was originally advertised for (I've already started another 'filler' job for more than the NCA salary)?! Seems a very strange process but I'm so keen to work there! Just v frustrating. Can anyone shed any more light on the process?
Last edited by kipper44; 1 week ago
Arif2803
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I feel your pain as I am in the exact same situation. I think the salary has gone up since but I am keen to start the job! No idea why its taking so long I have been waiting for Birmingham since October.
(Original post by kipper44)
I was told on 7 June that I was successful at interview (for a London role) and have been placed in the candidate pool - finding the wait very frustrating so far! I was also thinking, if they make you wait longer than 6 months, surely they can't expect you to accept the salary the role was originally advertised for (I've already started another 'filler' job for more than the NCA salary)?! Seems a very strange process but I'm so keen to work there! Just v frustrating. Can anyone shed any more light on the process?
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hang about - you are already on more money and want to take a London role which is even less money?! Brave!
kipper44
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
haha yeah it's a role in a completely different industry that I'm aching to escape though!
(Original post by Vexper)
Hang about - you are already on more money and want to take a London role which is even less money?! Brave!
kipper44
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, since october!!! That's insane! What takes so long!? Have you had any of the health/security checks? Have you had any other updates?
(Original post by Arif2803)
Hi I feel your pain as I am in the exact same situation. I think the salary has gone up since but I am keen to start the job! No idea why its taking so long I have been waiting for Birmingham since October.
tazemey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi, successful in interview for G4 BSM role with a 6 overall score and in candidate pool with everyone else. My options are outside of London. They have peoples / placement meetings on the 12th working day of each month so fingers crossed for those waiting. If anyone has been already been offered any BSM roles from the last campaign that would be interesting to know. Good luck.
Arif2803
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Tell me about it the wait is frustrating! Yes I have had all the health and substance checks. Not sure why its taking so long.. I do get monthly emails saying I am still in the candidate pool..
Ejah5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
HiyaI was told on 3 June I was accepted for London and have just had my job offer today so hopefully it won’t be too long for you!
MollyGlebe2019
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did you get placed in the candidate pool initially?
(Original post by Ejah5)
HiyaI was told on 3 June I was accepted for London and have just had my job offer today so hopefully it won’t be too long for you!
Ejah5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yep was placed in the candidate pool on 3 June
(Original post by MollyGlebe2019)
Did you get placed in the candidate pool initially?
Arif2803
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Congratulations yes the london offers are quick but Birmingham seems to be taking forever. Good luck.
(Original post by Ejah5)
MollyGlebe2019
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Wow, that is quick. Congratulations! Hope it’s as quick in Warrington 😁
(Original post by Ejah5)
Arif2803
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Is that for G3 or G4 and is it a manager role? If so maybe it means managers are being recruited before officers.
(Original post by Ejah5)
tazemey
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That is great, I ask for Nottingham first which was ticked green on the application .. long wait probably for me as not a major HUB like London. Well done on your offer
(Original post by Ejah5)
Bjg_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am also he same successful since October all checks and substance test done, score of all 6’s and one 5 still no closer to being placed it feels. I’m waiting for Warrington , interview was September last year.
Wow, since october!!! That's insane! What takes so long!? Have you had any of the health/security checks? Have you had any other updates?
kipper44
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Congrats, that's awesome news! (And gives me hope!) When did you have your health checks / drug test etc? (If you have already?)
(Original post by Ejah5)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads