The Student Room Group

How can I be a nice guy but get a girlfriend?

I created a similar post asking "How can I stop being a nice guy?" Many replies said to keep being me as nice guys still get girlfriends.

What can I do to still be myself and continue being nice whilst still getting a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Tinder
Original post by Konnie13
Tinder

Thanks
I created a similar post asking "How can I stop being a nice guy?" Many replies said to keep being me as nice guys still get girlfriends.

What can I do to still be myself and continue being nice whilst still getting a girlfriend?
Reply 4
Play to your strength and work on your weaknesses. Clothes and hairstyle are easy ways to optimise appearance. Practicing flirting and planning your repartee are good for personality. Watch and get advise from more successful mates. Realise that dating is hard work and requires a lot of patience and tenacity.
Original post by Zarek
Play to your strength and work on your weaknesses. Clothes and hairstyle are easy ways to optimise appearance. Practicing flirting and planning your repartee are good for personality. Watch and get advise from more successful mates. Realise that dating is hard work and requires a lot of patience and tenacity.

Thank You
Reply 6
Threads like these make me think that the OP is a Nice Guy™ and not a genuinely decent person.

Just putting it out there, being nice is part of being a decent human being. Nothing wrong with being nice at all. If you're being the fake kind of nice, then that's where you're going wrong.

Stop trying so hard to get a girlfriend and live your life first.
Original post by Konnie13
Tinder

Pfft..been on that a couple of years, NEVER met anyone from it!
Original post by ManicDrBeatles

Why do you think nice guys stay single?
im married to a lovely man. Kind honest caring works hard
both my sons are nice guys and both have long term girlfriends.
You need to carry on being you. Being someone you’re not is unsustainable anyway.
Girls may be attracted to bad boys for short relationships but it gets boring, they get hurt and move on
youll find the right girl
Original post by UWS
Threads like these make me think that the OP is a Nice Guy™ and not a genuinely decent person.

Just putting it out there, being nice is part of being a decent human being. Nothing wrong with being nice at all. If you're being the fake kind of nice, then that's where you're going wrong.

Stop trying so hard to get a girlfriend and live your life first.

Thanks good advice
Original post by Sammylou40
Why do you think nice guys stay single?
im married to a lovely man. Kind honest caring works hard
both my sons are nice guys and both have long term girlfriends.
You need to carry on being you. Being someone you’re not is unsustainable anyway.
Girls may be attracted to bad boys for short relationships but it gets boring, they get hurt and move on
youll find the right girl

Thanks, I’m looking forward to meeting her
Continue to be yourself... you cannot change that. Someone will love you for it.
Original post by Vinny C
Continue to be yourself... you cannot change that. Someone will love you for it.

Thank You, good advice
Be nice but don't expect anything in return (except a thank you maybe). It's always those that feel like you owe them for being nice to you that puts people off.
Original post by JDieMstr
Be nice but don't expect anything in return (except a thank you maybe). It's always those that feel like you owe them for being nice to you that puts people off.

I’m just nice because I want to be. Not to get anything back.
Generally nice guys finish last or so the saying goes, but to get the higher tier ladies, you need to be bad ass even if just initially, because u gotta be the man :P

But obviously once you read books like "The Game", you will know how to get the ladies..
Be yourself, don't please people, don't allow people to step on you and take advantage of you.

Just be nice for the sake of being nice and don't care what people think.

Get yourself out there and be confident in yourself.
Original post by Johnsheppard99
Pfft..been on that a couple of years, NEVER met anyone from it!

I’ve been on loads of dates - 50% to really well. Never give up :smile:
It's so obvious (and off putting) when you come across as so desperate.
Original post by ebam_uk
Generally nice guys finish last or so the saying goes, but to get the higher tier ladies, you need to be bad ass even if just initially, because u gotta be the man :P

But obviously once you read books like "The Game", you will know how to get the ladies..

Do you have any tips or advice on how I can do this?

Quick Reply

Latest