?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
bump
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why not pay cannibal killer Peter Bryan a visit in Broadmoor and ask him?
You may find him in a talkative mood, willing to answer your questions and enter into in-depth discussions with you.

He's something of an expert on being a cannibal- so far he's murdered three people, one of whom was a friend whose brain he cooked in a frying pan and ate.
Whilst detailed at Broadmoor, he then murdered a fellow inmate "because he wanted to eat him" too.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Why not pay cannibal killer Peter Bryan a visit in Broadmoor and ask him?
You may find him in a talkative mood, willing to answer your questions and enter into in-depth discussions with you.

He's something of an expert on being a cannibal- so far he's murdered three people, one of whom was a friend whose brain he cooked in a frying pan and ate.
Whilst detailed at Broadmoor, he then murdered a fellow inmate "because he wanted to eat him" too.
Oh. I meant in terms of someone already dead being eaten .
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Oh. I meant in terms of someone already dead being eaten .
We don’t wait until cows pigs sheep chickens and anything else we eat to die first. So why would you want to eat a human after it had died? Statistically it’s likely to be old or diseased in some way. Certainly past it’s best.
Aa it’s a moral question everyone will have their own ideas. I am not vegetarian and will never be but I would never knowingly eat a human.
Frigateer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You've got the wishes of the person you're eating and their family who might object. You must consider their autonomy. We generally accept in society that the wishes of a dead person must be respected, even more so than if they were alive. Although if you were starving to death, people would accept cannibalism. No need for another death for the sake of a dead man's wishes

As for a person who wants to be killed and eaten, you have societal mores and norms which dictate that eating a human is just wrong, regardless. I'm not sure there's any real reason for this though other than the murder aspect and squeamishness.

Also I think you can get mad cow disease from eating brains, or at least get very sick, so if you are planning anything Obolinda... leave the brain for the dogs
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there are some extreme circumstances in which I could probably bring myself to eat human flesh. There was the famous case of the 1972 Uruguayan plane crash up a remote Andean mountain when the survivors had to eat the flesh of the immediate crash victims in order to survive for the 72 days it took to be rescued.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urugua...rce_Flight_571
Frigateer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just noticed this is posted under advice on everyday issues. OP what have you been up to??
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
I think there are some extreme circumstances in which I could probably bring myself to eat human flesh. There was the famous case of the 1972 Uruguayan plane crash up a remote Andean mountain when the survivors had to eat the flesh of the immediate crash victims in order to survive for the 72 days it took to be rescued.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urugua...rce_Flight_571
Or R v Dudley & Stephens, when poor old Rick the cabin boy drew the short straw in the lifeboat.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
Or R v Dudley & Stephens, when poor old Rick the cabin boy drew the short straw in the lifeboat.
Yes but that involved murder, and the OP is asking about pure cannibalism of someone who died either naturally or from an accident. I don't think a murder is justified.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here's an interesting and troubling cannibalism story with a difference:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45888446
Frigateer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Here's an interesting and troubling cannibalism story with a difference:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45888446
Tastes just like grandma's...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads