Cupcake course with New Skills Academy - is it genuine?

Watch
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So an advert popped up on my Facebook today about this course you can do to enhance your knowledge about making and selling cupcakes and cakes. It looks amazing, great reviews and the company seems legit too. However one thing that's making me hesitate is the price. It says it was £299 but a special Facebook offer makes it £25. That's a massive decrease and the content of the course is loads. You get an accredited certificate at the end proving you have knowledge about health and safety and business etc.

Can anyone offer any advice about if this is genuine or just in general about this company or similar courses? If it's real and everything then I definitely want to do it as I want to have my own bakery in the future.
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It might be genuine. Never done a course quite like this but I've done Udemy courses that were meant to be £200 but were on sale at £10 or even free. They want to spread word about the course- a few people at £25 can be much more worthwhile than no one wanting to go to our knowing about a £300 course no one has tried before.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by DerivativeName)
It might be genuine. Never done a course quite like this but I've done Udemy courses that were meant to be £200 but were on sale at £10 or even free. They want to spread word about the course- a few people at £25 can be much more worthwhile than no one wanting to go to our knowing about a £300 course no one has tried before.
That's reassuring to know, thank you.
Mioacosta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Did you took the course? It was legit?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Mioacosta)
Did you took the course? It was legit?
Yeah I took it and yes it was legit
Thelma B
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Looking for reviews and ended up here. I am about to do Life Coaching course. Hope it turns out great
besttoiletguides
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DerivativeName)
Okey. Thank you
Elela
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m not sure if they are completely legit. I did see some courses on reed.co.uk from the new skills academy and I did some research and a few problems about them popped up like one course done by new skills academy had to be taken down because according to the article (it was about a teaching course) they advertised the course and some of the modules (according to the article) weren’t even needed to be a teaching assistant. I also found some article where a lot of the online places that do these online courses, they come under different names but was “started” by the same person.
Lifecoachwannabe
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How was it? I’m thinking the same
Hwrightireland
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I got a facebook add for a 25$ makeup course from new skills academy. i was hesitant, but figured for that cheap, it wouldnt be the end of the world. so i took the chance and registered. the course its self is great. im learning a lot. but my real question is, can i put it on a resume? can i apply at a salon with this. is this a legitimate certificate? can this transfer to a diploma if i wanted to continue my education at a different school?
InongeA
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am also looking for reviews and ended up here. Did you guys take the course and are you happy?
FranciscaAna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
https://schoolsweek.co.uk/how-school...nge-situation/
siva155
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My wife wants to take this course...How good is this cupcake course??
Sylvie tn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you do the life coaching course? How did it turn out?
mrs.atkinson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
be careful with them...if im not mistaken this is shaw academy,they scam people by charging your acct without your consent and when you try to cancel they give you a problem and will not refund...they went in my acct on feb 26 2020,i signed up to them in may 2019 and cancelled the same day so i dont understand why they would take any money from me and wont refund it....i had to get my bank involved...had to do a chargeback and close the account....please read the reviews on shaw academy and then go to LINKEDIN and you will see new skills academy on shaw academys page which can only be done if they are affiliated....please be careful and take heed to this warning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (91)
62.33%
No (55)
37.67%

Watched Threads