The Student Room Group

What Should I Pick? (Chem, Biology, Psychology and Classical Civilisation?)

are these subjects an okay mix? classical civilisation is more for enjoyment than what i want to do in terms of occupation so i'm not sure if i should pick it or not. i've enjoyed greek mythology and ancient greece, the dieties etc and i guess i have a Very Basic Understanding of it but is it worth it? i like the subject history (i'm doing it for gcses), however i'm aware classical civilisation is nothing like it.. also my desired occupation is somewhere in the medical (chem+bio) or psychology-related areas so would all four options be a bit too much? i understand classical civilisation is NOT soft subject so i have really mixed feelings about picking it. if anyone who does it could tell me what it's like, it'd be super convenient!

thanks! ann ((:
Original post by annlaju
are these subjects an okay mix? classical civilisation is more for enjoyment than what i want to do in terms of occupation so i'm not sure if i should pick it or not. i've enjoyed greek mythology and ancient greece, the dieties etc and i guess i have a Very Basic Understanding of it but is it worth it? i like the subject history (i'm doing it for gcses), however i'm aware classical civilisation is nothing like it.. also my desired occupation is somewhere in the medical (chem+bio) or psychology-related areas so would all four options be a bit too much? i understand classical civilisation is NOT soft subject so i have really mixed feelings about picking it. if anyone who does it could tell me what it's like, it'd be super convenient!

thanks! ann ((:

Chem and bio are a great combination. In certain circumstances Psych will complement but not essential.
Classics is well respected and good fun.
Depending on the spec theres likely to be a history component. Either Greece or Rome. it depends on which spec. its a great subject to study.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Chem and bio are a great combination. In certain circumstances Psych will complement but not essential.
Classics is well respected and good fun.
Depending on the spec theres likely to be a history component. Either Greece or Rome. it depends on which spec. its a great subject to study.

thank you! do you do/have you done any of those subjects? if so, how did you find them?
Original post by annlaju
thank you! do you do/have you done any of those subjects? if so, how did you find them?

First and last. First is deadly dull an harder for it unless you really like it. The latter is good fun and a mix between history and literature.
Chem and Bio is an important and for you the essential combination. The third then compare which one you can get the easiest best grade in.

Quick Reply

Latest