Superdrilles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

I am currently a foundation student and thinking of leaving. However i am in a predicament as i didn't apply for ucas as a gap year when i should've had.

I achieved BBB at a levels however didnt send my application last year due to thoughts that i would fail my alevels. Which is why i am nlw studying a foundation course at the same college.

Now i know i couldve got into uni and the fact that i am unhappy with my current course is just frustrating.

My question is could i apply for Uni through UCAS without a reference?

Many Thanks in advance.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Superdrilles)
Hello,

I am currently a foundation student and thinking of leaving. However i am in a predicament as i didn't apply for ucas as a gap year when i should've had.

I achieved BBB at a levels however didnt send my application last year due to thoughts that i would fail my alevels. Which is why i am nlw studying a foundation course at the same college.

Now i know i couldve got into uni and the fact that i am unhappy with my current course is just frustrating.

Many Thanks in advance.
Technically, you can apply via UCAS without a reference- however, most universities would not accept your application.

Even if you do drop out of your current course, your college may be willing to supply a reference, so why not ask them? Alternatively, you could use a personal reference e.g. from a job or organisation you are involved with.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Superdrilles)
Hello,

Many Thanks in advance.
You need a reference for most universities. Why can’t you get a reference from your current college?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads