The Student Room Group

Saudi Journalist apparent death accomplished what 50,000 deaths did not

Oh yeah, I forgot about this guy's death. Why exactly is it important again? I mean, everyone is talking about it, yet I never actually figured out why.
Reply 2
Original post by Qup
Oh yeah, I forgot about this guy's death. Why exactly is it important again? I mean, everyone is talking about it, yet I never actually figured out why.

It's a big thing because he was killed by his country officials on another country's land. Basically its do with the foreign relationship of these countries
Reply 3
It is also a big thing, in addition to the embassy situation (noting that countries are allotted the right to have an embassy on foreign soil, with specific limits...one of them includes not using the embassy to commit acts of murder on the foreign soil, with no exceptions)-because this man apparently was killed because he was a journalist who was critical of Saudi Arabia. This represents a massive issue, a massive attack as press freedom, so yes, it is definitely more than kind of a big deal...even before we get to the issue of murdering a person, in any context, which is a big deal all the time.
Reply 4
You threaten a Royal family with exposure and oops... you disappear. Exactly the same happened to Princess Di. You do not mess with that sort of power. Funny how he wanted another wife and... well... Media has fun pronouncing his name as do I.

Quick Reply

Latest