chelsea27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! I have applied for Primary PGCE in Coleraine, Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope 2019/20, I sent away my ucas this morning and have already received an interview of Edge hill! Just wondering if having an interview so early is good news and what I can do to prepare. Also, when can I expect to hear from Coleraine?
🙂🙂
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chelsea27)
Hey! I have applied for Primary PGCE in Coleraine, Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope 2019/20, I sent away my ucas this morning and have already received an interview of Edge hill! Just wondering if having an interview so early is good news and what I can do to prepare. Also, when can I expect to hear from Coleraine?
🙂🙂
Well it's good news in that you have an interview so well done! Now it depends on how you do in the interview. Be prepared to talk about why you, why this course, your knowledege and experience and your academic and teaching interests. The deadline is Jan 15th so you may not hear till after that.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thread moved to the Teacher training, teaching and education jobs forum.
wonderland.16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats! That's definitely worth celebrating. First step is done. As said above, what happens next is down to you. When I applied, I had recieved offers for all three courses within a few days, one was the morning after I applied. I'm now studying my second year of said course So it can definitely be a positive. For ITT though, it does really depend upon your interview, as candidates on paper might seem amazing, but in reality might not be the same if that makes sense? Some unis differ and don't let you know the dates of interviews for a while, but I know I received my dates before Jan 15th. Varies greatly though so don't take my word (and I am not on PGCE, but an undergrad QTS course).

As for prep, again, I only speak from my experience on my QTS undergrad course, so this could be totally off for a PGCE so don't take my word for it, but with my course, on the day of our interviews, we also sat and English and Maths test which we had to pass to receive an offer. So I was preparing for that. My course also did individual and group interviews. The group interviews included explaining how we would use various resources on the table to teach, and what areas of the curriculum we would use them in. Some things there included a teddy, a feather etc.

Any knowledge you already have about teaching will be beneficial. Teaching theory or just experiences to draw off. This was focussed on a lot in my interview.

I hope this helps? Good luck!
JMJY123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck I'm applying to Edge Hill PGCE Primary so might see you next year x
JMJY123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck I'm applying to Edge Hill PGCE Primary so might see you next year x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (430)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.47%
No- I want it (211)
28.86%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.84%

Watched Threads