The Student Room Group

Paperchase

Can I be 14 and work at paperchase I sent in my cv specifying my age but unsure on weather they’ll overlook it
Unlikely.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Unlikely.

What if I’ve already gotten the interview
Original post by Unknownbae
What if I’ve already gotten the interview

Surprising.
Reply 4
I didn't get my first job until I turned 16 (Minus some acting stuff I've done before), because this is the age that most employers (For part-time positions at least) look for. I've applied for various large companies and small companies alike in the past, in all sorts of fields, and most if not all of them had an age requirement of 16.

Now this isn't purely based off maturity and experience (Some of it is, I've got a few good offers because I dedicated a good few of my teenage years to volunteering in my local community, and working on bettering myself outside of school. If you haven't done stuff like this before, it's worth looking at, you'll definitely stand out to employers), a large reason that this requirement exists in companies is for various legal/insurance/safety reasons.

Paperchase, being a large multinational firm, will most likely take on people 16+. Don't feel disheartened by this, it's not a reflection of your own merit, you've done something many 14 year olds wouldn't even think of doing.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ReTopic
I didn't get my first job until I turned 16 (Minus some acting stuff I've done before), because this is the age that most employers (For part-time positions at least) look for. I've applied for various large companies and small companies alike in the past, in all sorts of fields, and most if not all of them had an age requirement of 16.

Now this isn't purely based off maturity and experience (Some of it is, I've got a few good offers because I dedicated a good few of my teenage years to volunteering in my local community, and working on bettering myself outside of school. If you haven't done stuff like this before, it's worth looking at, you'll definitely stand out to employers), a large reason that this requirement exists in companies is for various legal/insurance/safety reasons.

Paperchase, being a large multinational firm, will most likely take on people 16+. Don't feel disheartened by this, it's not a reflection of your own merit, you've done something many 14 year olds wouldn't even think of doing.

It's not only that, it's about insurance, not having a National Insurance number and the restricted number of hours under 16s can work. You're also not entitled to minimum wage unless you're 16 so you could essentially be paid peanuts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending