Ashohid21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just started the 3rd year of my degree, im in my 3rd week of term 1. If i drop out now and start a new degree how many years must i pay for?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ashohid21)
I just started the 3rd year of my degree, im in my 3rd week of term 1. If i drop out now and start a new degree how many years must i pay for?
Hi Ashohid21

I'm not sure if you mean in total with a new degree added on top or how many you would pay for of the degree are thinking about droping out of.

If you drop out you will repay what you have borrowed so far including the 1st term of your 3rd year. If you do another 3 year degree it's unlikely that they will fund the full 3 years for you as most students can only access 4 years of tuition fee loans.

To talk through this in more depth our careers adviser Sophie is live tonight until 9pm on the following link - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5634858

Thanks.
Ashohid21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi Ashohid21

I'm not sure if you mean in total with a new degree added on top or how many you would pay for of the degree are thinking about droping out of.

If you drop out you will repay what you have borrowed so far including the 1st term of your 3rd year. If you do another 3 year degree it's unlikely that they will fund the full 3 years for you as most students can only access 4 years of tuition fee loans.

To talk through this in more depth our careers adviser Sophie is live tonight until 9pm on the following link - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5634858

Thanks.
What i mean is that if i drop out of my degree now and wish to study a new degree; would i have to pay for the full 3 years or just 1st year and 1 term for the second year of my new degree?

Keep in mind i havnt completed 3 years of my degree, im in my 3rd year term 1 right now. And i still have a 4th year of funding available for me.

Thank you.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ashohid21)
What i mean is that if i drop out of my degree now and wish to study a new degree; would i have to pay for the full 3 years or just 1st year and 1 term for the second year of my new degree?

Keep in mind i havnt completed 3 years of my degree, im in my 3rd year term 1 right now. And i still have a 4th year of funding available for me.

Thank you.
Thanks for getting back to me.

My understanding is you will repay what you borrowed so far from student finance (2 years and 1 term) and you will be eligible to apply for the funding remaining to you for your next degree, however when your funding runs out you may need to finance the remaining time left on the degree youself.

Can I ask if you have spoken to Student Finance about this?

Thanks - Sophie.
GamingAnonymous
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
however when your funding runs out you may need to finance the remaining time left on the degree youself.
Student Finance make you pay for the first section of a degree if they are unable to cover the entire thing. For example you enrol on a 3 year degree but only have 2 years of funding available, you will have to self-fund the first year as opposed to the last is how I understand it from other posts.
Last edited by GamingAnonymous; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads