The Student Room Group

Do I need to include all subjects in my application?

Hello, I'm hoping to apply to Electrical Engineering and the UK and took AS Subjects Physics, Math, Chemistry and Computer Science. I got B's in all but got an E in Chemistry. My question is, do I need to include my Chemistry grade on the application or can I leave it out as if I never took the subject. I really don't want to re-sit it as I don't think the grade will increase that much. So is it allowed to leave a subject out of your application?. Oh and I am not taking Chemistry A level
No you can't leave anything out. You have to put your E in. Else you'll get into trouble.
Original post by Arctic Kitten
No you can't leave anything out. You have to put your E in. Else you'll get into trouble.

Hello

Not OP, but can I ask why? And how can we get into trouble for that?
Original post by NeatSprings
Hello

It’s fraudulent because UCAS ask for full education history since age 11. One of my senior got an offer from oxford but after Bath found out he didn’t include a C in AS, all uni reject him. (He still got A* prediction in the other 3)
Hello

When you apply you agree to this legal declaration:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas-undergraduate-declaration-2019-entry

"If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:
"- left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results
"- given false or misleading information
"We may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete.
"We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information.
"If you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is not true, complete and accurate, you must tell us."

You can't withhold information and then declare that you've included everything asked for - that's fraud. It will get found out and lying is considered much more of a problem than a low grade.
Original post by Arctic Kitten
It’s fraudulent because UCAS ask for full education history since age 11. One of my senior got an offer from oxford but after Bath found out he didn’t include a C in AS, all uni reject him. (He still got A* prediction in the other 3)

I see, how did they find out btw?
Original post by PQ
When you apply you agree to this legal declaration:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas-undergraduate-declaration-2019-entry

"If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:
"- left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results
"- given false or misleading information
"We may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete.
"We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information.
"If you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is not true, complete and accurate, you must tell us."

You can't withhold information and then declare that you've included everything asked for - that's fraud. It will get found out and lying is considered much more of a problem than a low grade.

Good to know.
I see, how did they find out btw?

a) your referee is supposed to confirm that they've checked your qualifications are complete and correct
b) once you've applied UCAS will match your application to results from the exam boards
c) universities have access to your personal learning record to check and verify your qualifications
d) once you enrol on a course HESA and the OfS will match your record to your personal learning record (I've known of 2 cases were current students have had their places withdrawn when withheld information in their application came to light after they had started the course).

There's a number of points where this can be picked up. The chances of it not getting noticed are slim.
Reply 8
Why did I take chemistry :frown:
Original post by oyounes
Why did I take chemistry :frown:

For EE they wont care. Lots of students take subjects for AS that they find they dislike/aren't suited to.

Quick Reply

Latest