ayanna29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i just did my LNAT today and only wrote 450 words for my essay, however the ideal number of words should be 500-600. will this negatively impact the marking of the essay?
Amelia0987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most universities look more at the quality of your arguments as opposed to the number of words you write and they prefer you to express your ideas succinctly. I’d say it’s better to write too little than too much so don’t worry about it too much and you’re not that far under the recommended word count!
ayanna29
Rep:
?
thank you so much!
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to add, King’s don’t look at the essay unless you’re a borderline applicant, meaning they’re not sure whether to give an offer.
Theseas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah generally King's doesn't care about the essay
Mad-Mullah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ayanna29)
i just did my LNAT today and only wrote 450 words for my essay, however the ideal number of words should be 500-600. will this negatively impact the marking of the essay?
I wrote only 400 and I’m quite worried. I still feel like the essay section was a lot better than the multiple choice. May I ask which essay you chose and how you found it ?
ayanna29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad-Mullah)
I wrote only 400 and I’m quite worried. I still feel like the essay section was a lot better than the multiple choice. May I ask which essay you chose and how you found it ?
I chose to write the essay on the topic " What age do you think people should be allowed to vote at?". According to me, my essay was good however I felt that it probably wasn't long enough.
Overall, my MCQ and my essay section were quite good.
Honestly, don't worry about it though, because universities don't even consider the essay section of the LNAT
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ayanna29)
I chose to write the essay on the topic " What age do you think people should be allowed to vote at?". According to me, my essay was good however I felt that it probably wasn't long enough.
Overall, my MCQ and my essay section were quite good.
Honestly, don't worry about it though, because universities don't even consider the essay section of the LNAT
Have you got an offer?
ayanna29
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
Have you got an offer?
No, i haven't applied yet. I'm going to apply this weekend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (114)
19.42%
Labour (297)
50.6%
Liberal Democrats (76)
12.95%
Green Party (30)
5.11%
Brexit Party (7)
1.19%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.21%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.02%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)