larissa67
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I am considering applying to Brighton Uni for Sept 2019 entry.
I was just reading about the accommodation allocation for Brighton students and I came across the following statement ...

"We make every eligible student an offer of university-managed or arranged accommodation. The key criteria of our 2018 allocation policy are:
  • make Brighton your firm choice with UCAS"

Does this mean that if I didn't make Brighton uni my firm choice, I won't be offered a place in halls?
Thanks in advance!
University of Brighton Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Larissa67

That is correct, you need to make us your firm choice in order to be eligible for university accommodation. However if you make us your insurance choice and do end up coming to the university, we have plenty of advice and support for finding accommodation; we run a database of landlords renting to students and have house-hunting and housemate-finding help over the summer.

If you have additional needs e.g. you're under 18 or have medical issues you may be able to be housed in uni accommodation even if you make us your insurance choice.

Our full allocation policy will be available online in Janauary so you will be able to check it out well before accommodation applications open in March.

(Original post by larissa67)
Hi
I am considering applying to Brighton Uni for Sept 2019 entry.
I was just reading about the accommodation allocation for Brighton students and I came across the following statement ...

"We make every eligible student an offer of university-managed or arranged accommodation. The key criteria of our 2018 allocation policy are:
[ul]
[li]make Brighton your firm choice with UCAS"[/li]
[/ul]
Does this mean that if I didn't make Brighton uni my firm choice, I won't be offered a place in halls?
Thanks in advance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Education studies + health and clinical practice + health professions + language, linguistics and creative writing + medicine + nursing + psychology + social work + teacher training, PGCE and EYITT + research study Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Brighton
    Art and design + graphic design and illustration + history of art and design + humanities + media + photography, film and sound + textiles + research study Postgraduate
    Thu, 6 Feb '20
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + journalism + sport and exercise + research study Postgraduate
    Tue, 11 Feb '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed