Southampton GEM A101 / BM4 Applicants 2019 Watch

skyiseverywhere
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Sorry I had to edit this reply because it is very specific and definitely had some interview details in.

Remember that you have agreed not to disclose any interview information, be it questions, how the interviewers were and what topics came up

Please do not disadvantage yourself by giving information out like this.
Sorry, thought it was alright seeing as what I mentioned was in the non-academic criteria they looked for.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by skyiseverywhere)
Sorry, thought it was alright seeing as what I mentioned was in the non-academic criteria they looked for.
Don't worry, but I hope not a lot of people read your post because it is known that admissors tutors come on TSR (probably not as registered users) to read posts.

Remember, while it is stated what questions could come up in their website, actually saying what topics were asked is a different thing!

:goodluck:
OxoCubeJim
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by skyiseverywhere)
That would be so lovely if true. Only had interviews at Warwick and Southampton, haven't heard back from Warwick and after my interview at Soton I've really come around to the idea of studying there. God, to think that at some point in March I'll have more of an idea of where I'll be in September!
I’m the same as you then - waiting to hear from both but really really keen for a Soton offer
skyiseverywhere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OxoCubeJim)
I’m the same as you then - waiting to hear from both but really really keen for a Soton offer
How do you think your interview went? My group task was good I think, then panel interview okayyyy but in hindsight not as well as I would have liked
Awenmir
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is anyone else hopeful about hearing back this week?
biojane
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Awenmir)
Is anyone else hopeful about hearing back this week?
Yeah I think either tomorrow or Thursday but only because of the timings in December
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gem-101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by biojane)
Yeah I think either tomorrow or Thursday but only because of the timings in December
Can I ask why? It’s not even been 2 weeks since my intervkew !?
biojane
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gem-101)
Can I ask why? It’s not even been 2 weeks since my intervkew !?
It was exactly 2 weeks after the interviews that they heard in December. Tomorrow is 2 weeks after the first interviews, and the day after is 2 weeks after the last
Joevett97
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Somebody I spoke to at my interview said people started hearing back within a week and a half last year so I’ve started furiously refreshing my emails now
?medicine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joevett97)
Somebody I spoke to at my interview said people started hearing back within a week and a half last year so I’ve started furiously refreshing my emails now
Also to add to this, I've also spoken to someone in the admissions team who has said that the initial batch of interviews for the 25th and 28th were released in the beginning of this week, further interviews will be sent today and tomorrow, and the last release date for interviews will be the 20th. So it is safe to assume that if you do not hear back within this period you application has been unsuccessful
Ellios
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ?medicine)
Also to add to this, I've also spoken to someone in the admissions team who has said that the initial batch of interviews for the 25th and 28th were released in the beginning of this week, further interviews will be sent today and tomorrow, and the last release date for interviews will be the 20th. So it is safe to assume that if you do not hear back within this period you application has been unsuccessful
I assume you mean offers, not interviews? Also correct me if I'm wrong but there weren't interviews on the 25th/28th right? I thought it was just 30th/31st
biojane
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ellios)
I assume you mean offers, not interviews? Also correct me if I'm wrong but there weren't interviews on the 25th/28th right? I thought it was just 30th/31st
OP means interviews- invitations for interviews still to happen on 25th and 28th
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP means interviews- invitations for interviews still to happen on 25th and 28th
Oh, of this month? my bad I didn't realise they were still giving out more interviews
biojane
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh, of this month? my bad I didn't realise they were still giving out more interviews
Yep, although i didn’t think the interviews for this month were BM4.. ?medicine, are these interviews just for BM5?
fishkeep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are referring to BM5 interviews.
Attached files
?medicine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you read the website, it gives you clear information as to when the selection days are.
?medicine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, although i didn’t think the interviews for this month were BM4.. ?medicine, are these interviews just for BM5?
Yeah BM5, safe to assume that if you applied to BM4 and not heard back you've been rejected pre-interview
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah BM5, safe to assume that if you applied to BM4 and not heard back you've been rejected pre-interview
No, I've had my BM4 interview already, but cheers
OxoCubeJim
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sure would be nice to hear today or tomorrow! Although following the 49 days wait for a response from Warwick I think I can handle waiting a bit longer 😂
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you read the website, it gives you clear information as to when the selection days are.
Of course, but this is the BM4 thread so I think it was fair to assume that's what you were talking about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads