I spontaneously took a gap year since clearing didn't go too well. I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else is in the same position as me?
What are you currently doing?
Any interesting plans?
What course are you applying/reapplying for?
1. I am currently looking for jobs, sat at home doing my UCAS application and revising for my resit for chemistry
2. I have a week work experience and have a weekend planned away at my friends uni but nothing like travelling.
3. So far I hate it. I hate being at home whilst my friends are all at uni
4. Either physiotherapy or medical biochem
Hey I took a gap year because I felt like I wasnt ready for uni. Got better grades than I was expecting in my exams aswell so thought maybe apply for a higher grade course? Probably just sticking with what I've got because Liverpool gave me a deferred place for september 2019 and its a good uni in a cool city with good accom.
1. Got a job at WHSmiths part time and mostly thinking about what I want to do with my year off. Also trying to learn german when I'm bored lol
2. Got some plans coming up for halloween and birthdays and taking a trip to London to stay with my sis but still trying to figure out where I want to travel and trying to find someone to go with
3. Its ok because alot of people I know are on a gap year but no one I can travel with
4. Psychology at uni of liverpool
Hello! Wasn't feeling ready to move from my home country to the UK yet, so I deferred my place.
1. Working part time, learning a new language and improving my English skills. Spending time with friends when they're not at uni
2. I really want to go backpacking, but I'm not sure yet.
3. It's nice to take some time off school, but I'm stressed because I want to go traveling but I suck at saving up money... Feel like I should do some volunteering abroad but that's seriously expensive as well. Idk...
4. I have a deferred place for Landscape at Sheffield for September 2019
Hey I took a gap year because I didn't feel ready for uni and wanted a break from school work and exams.
1. Working weekdays in a cafe, learning to drive, taking evening classes and trying to catch up with friends when they're not busy with uni or work
2. Got plans to travel to NZ to see family and volunteer abroad for a few weeks in 2019
3. Its good so far but I feel like I have to keep busy so I don't get bored and dreading having to work full time in summer so I'm not broke when I start uni
4. Geography / anthropology
I took a gap year because my school gave me very low predicted grades, so I didn't apply until I got my grades, along with a few of my friends.
1. I am currently working part time in a kitchen and I'm learning to drive. I want to travel but funds are low due to the cost of having a car, so I am just saving money this year. I work 16 hours a week and half of my monthly pay check goes onto the car.
1b. Very few places want to hire gap year students. I might see about applying to supermarkets like Aldi so I can take a job with me next year, but that seems unlikely.
2. I might need to start revising before I go to uni in September... I'm already feeling rusty on parts of my A levels. Tbf I don't mind doing that, I have to revise the stuff I liked soooo... Other than that I have no big plans.
3. The bordom is killing me! All I do is work, eat and sleep. Mostly eat and sleep. My friends are all working or at uni, so I never see them.
4. Animal Science =)
Last edited by EmCharles; 2 months ago
Well it's the new year, and I hate my job. Just about earning enough to pay my car insurance, as my hours have been cut.
I've got basically no chance of finding another job, but I may apply to aldi or asda ect. I want a secure job at uni, for at least 2 years...
I have passed my driving test now. Fun!
I may go see some family and friends in February/ March. It just depends on money, I guess.
How are your applications going?