The Student Room Group

No academic references for UCAS

Hello, so the only reference i currently have is from my voluntary experience where i worked for a while. I currently don't have any academic (I've been out of uni for over a year and my tutor hasn't replied) nor work related references. Would the reference from my voluntary work be good enough for University.
Original post by adkent91
Hello, so the only reference i currently have is from my voluntary experience where i worked for a while. I currently don't have any academic (I've been out of uni for over a year and my tutor hasn't replied) nor work related references. Would the reference from my voluntary work be good enough for University.

You would need to ask your universities. If they need an academic reference then they can sometimes request it directly after you apply.
Reply 2
If you were at uni 2 years ago but haven’t heard back from your tutor I would contact the uni you were at (probably the department or school you were based in). There might be someone else who can provide a reference for you.
Reply 3
I used my volunteering manager as a referee. It didn't occur to me that it would be a problem. I left university a few years ago and unfortunately during that time my personal tutor passed away.

Quick Reply

Latest