username1113232
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone understand the 2019 skeleton and how python the code works?

Thanks
user10101010
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
How do you win the game?
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You could put the code into your development environment, then use the Python debugger with breakpoints to see how it works step-by-step.

Debugging and Breakpoints in a couple of common IDEs:
PyCharm: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycha...plication.html
IDLE: https://www.cs.uky.edu/~keen/help/de...ial/debug.html

Breakpoints are a good way to see the 'flow' of the program (the order in which the code is being executed) as well as being able to inspect the content of different variables in the code at each step along the way to see how those variables are changing.
MarkScheme69
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
You could put the code into your development environment, then use the Python debugger with breakpoints to see how it works step-by-step.

Debugging and Breakpoints in a couple of common IDEs:
PyCharm: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycha...plication.html
IDLE: https://www.cs.uky.edu/~keen/help/de...ial/debug.html

Breakpoints are a good way to see the 'flow' of the program (the order in which the code is being executed) as well as being able to inspect the content of different variables in the code at each step along the way to see how those variables are changing.
Can you send the skeleton code in python 3 or post it here?
MarkScheme69
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by user10101010)
How do you win the game?
Can you send the python 3 skeleton code file?
mobopo
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
the real code coming up
Last edited by mobopo; 2 years ago
Abaig64
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
^^^ Above is part of the GetItem function. Does anyone know where they got the INVENTORY variable from? They didn't pass it through the statement. It's not a global variable either as they didn't declare it that way.
Abaig64
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
#On line 4 what does Count : Count mean?
MAHJEK
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Off topic but has everyone finished their NEAs
Abaig64
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MAHJEK)
Off topic but has everyone finished their NEAs
yh.. pretty much
shivampaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So I've just been through it all and it's pretty weird.

You actually seem to start of the game with a black die. It has an adjustable weight which lets you rig the playdice command kinda. So to win you just need to go to location 5 which is the guards room (it's also where flag2.gme starts). "playdice guard" and it should let you choose a minimum and a maximum. I just enter 6 & 6 and i win. then i can take the silver key / gold key. "use gold key" to unlock the north door. "open gold door". "go north". "get flag" and you've won.

To actually figure this out though I printed out the JSON of the the places, items & characters when the game loads and went through it to understand how the game works.
shivampaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I am male
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have the zig zag questions.
MrGuy797
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by I am male)
Does anyone have the zig zag questions.
I would also be really interested in the ZigZag pack! They have released a free 'inspection' pack where you can just about see some of the questions...:
https://zigzageducation.co.uk/public.../ICT/s8873.pdf
CaptainCurry56
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi Guys,

I've been without a teacher for 2 months and we now have a new temporary teacher. ATM, we haven't finished our NEAs and we have only just started going through the skeleton program. We have covered varying levels of the theory but me, personally, I've covered about 3/4 of it. My NEA code is almost done but my documentation is nowhere near finished. How screwed am I?
chloeobey
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have the Java skeleton program?
hellx.wxrld
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
you have to find the flag which is in the gold door room
(Original post by user10101010)
How do you win the game?
hellx.wxrld
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
it's your NEA which is assessed, not the program (however the program should be copied into the NEA) and there is a lot of it to do
(Original post by CaptainCurry56)
Hi Guys,

I've been without a teacher for 2 months and we now have a new temporary teacher. ATM, we haven't finished our NEAs and we have only just started going through the skeleton program. We have covered varying levels of the theory but me, personally, I've covered about 3/4 of it. My NEA code is almost done but my documentation is nowhere near finished. How screwed am I?
VexicHD
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
you've just lost the game
ollie14568
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Are you meant to be able to view the flag 1 and flag 2 file???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.63%
Okay (119)
29.38%
A bit lacking (154)
38.02%
Not good at all (93)
22.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed