The Student Room Group

4 years of alevels ?

Long story short. I started my alevels in 2016 september. When I went to sixth form it was bad.I was made fun of and it was really far. 3 months afte. I had to back travelled to holland my hometwon. After a few weeks o came back. I decided to enrol to another school they saod it was to late. There was a specfic date for me to swap school and missed it by a few days. I chose appeal but it was to late. So i became depressed and my life fell apart. I spoke to an advisor and she said i should apply for college to enrol the next year. I did but my local colleges didnt have the course i wanted. So I chose to do distance learning. This is amy second year. My mom lost her job. Even though i am ready to do the exams. We are now in debt and now i cant pay for the exams for 2019.My had to use the saving to payfor the exam fees I have the option to take my exams in 2020. I am deteremind to get part time job now and do work experience and volunteeering. But I am scared unis wont except me if apply in for a place in 2020. I have no choice but to wait tell 2020 to apply and i am scared universities womt accept me.
I am the same boat as you. I started my a level in 2015 and I dropped out due to personal reasons and bullying. I finished sixth form in 2018 with applied science and BTEC health and social care. I want to do A level chemistry at a private exam centre but I haven't got the money and I also looking for a part time job to support my studies. Just stay strong and keep on trying.
Thankyou so much. It is so scary and my anxiety is sky rocketing. I dont what to do to be honest. I am glad i am not alone.
I dont want to be 22 and be at uni. Its hard , I know. I am just trying to keep positive. What a levels are you taking privatly?i am 19 btw. I want to take thid gap year to do A level chemistry but i dont have all thr money for it.
(edited 5 years ago)
So i am taking biology psychology and maths with open study college. I just turned 18 in august. Have done like work experiemce or volunteering. I am really worried about writing the personal statements.
Have you dont anything lile work experience or volunteering. Like to write on your personal statement.
Yeah I did teacher training in sixth form and I also worked in a pharmacy for work experience. I am probably going to do work experience in a science museum as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Is the open Study collage good?
Yes its okay
What uni are you looking to apply to and what course
I want to do chemistry at UOB or Aston. So I am taking this gap year to do chemistry A level. I don't have the full amount for exam fees but a bit.Wbu, do you want to go to uni?
(edited 5 years ago)
For maths and biology I recommend tailored tutors. It is amazing and it is only £29 a month
Well i would to go uni to do nursing. Sadly i cant afford the fees for this year. I have to wait till 2020 to do them. The college said thry can extend my course for 10 months more. But i am scared unis wont accept me. I feel like i will never br able to become a nurse or go to uni.😢😢😢.Thats Good. I think you will be fine since you already have qualificationz. I dont.since i cant afford the exams.
I am just anxious about what they will say. I will try calling up unis. I think you try the same too
Which uni ?
The ones that offer Nursing courses. There are a few I called like ST Georges , Kingston and UAE. Their answer still is uncertain to be honest. I think all we can do is just go with our gut instincts and do what we feel is right. Do the alevel. Get the grade and apply for uni hun. Its to late now to be worried there is nothing we can do. Hopefully they will understand. Everything happens for a reason. The fact that you are not giving up on education or even getting into uni is a quality that they would admire. Use that to your advantage in your personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest