The Student Room Group

Losing my virginity

Hello, I'm 19, male and I've just started uni, going onto my 4/5th week being here. I'm finding it great, I feel like a proper adult (sort of), and I even went to a nightclub for the first time (on my first night and I got lost.)

However, there's something that's been on my mind since I was in college, and that's the fact I'm still a virgin. I've been legal for 3 years, and now I have more freedom than I originally had. The thing is, I feel like I'm ruining uni life right now, by still being a virgin. It's not from lack of wanting it, far from it, I just don't feel like it's something I can achieve.

I'm confused on who I am sexually, I like girls, but at the same time, I've recently started to question if I like the other team too. I find myself to speak, act or feel shallow, like there are some people I wouldn't based on looks. And the main one, I don't feel like I'm the guy people would want to have in them, even through I'm not over weight, I've started to put some muscle on and my acne is slowly fading away.

I don't care for it to be a regular thing, or if I have it every few months while I'm over here studying. I just want to at least lose it, so I wouldn't have this voice in my head that's constantly bringing me down.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm 19, male and I've just started uni, going onto my 4/5th week being here. I'm finding it great, I feel like a proper adult (sort of), and I even went to a nightclub for the first time (on my first night and I got lost.)

However, there's something that's been on my mind since I was in college, and that's the fact I'm still a virgin. I've been legal for 3 years, and now I have more freedom than I originally had. The thing is, I feel like I'm ruining uni life right now, by still being a virgin. It's not from lack of wanting it, far from it, I just don't feel like it's something I can achieve.

I'm confused on who I am sexually, I like girls, but at the same time, I've recently started to question if I like the other team too. I find myself to speak, act or feel shallow, like there are some people I wouldn't based on looks. And the main one, I don't feel like I'm the guy people would want to have in them, even through I'm not over weight, I've started to put some muscle on and my acne is slowly fading away.

I don't care for it to be a regular thing, or if I have it every few months while I'm over here studying. I just want to at least lose it, so I wouldn't have this voice in my head that's constantly bringing me down.

You have to know what class you are in. It's like sports. You can have A-list teams and amateurs. You can have the fit 10s and the low 1s. If you really want to lose it fast then you would have to lower your standards, otherwise, you will have to wait my friend. Girls will not come to you, that's just the facts really. Put yourself out there.
Approach a few lovely ladies, get the numbers and play the phone game.
honestly, it’s perfectly normal to be a virgin at 19. ngl I find it cute when guys are virgins bc majority of the ones i know aren’t. honestly I think you should wait until you are ready and lose it to someone you love bc you will regret it. I get that you have a voice that constantly is telling you that you need to lose it but you don’t (you can pm me about this bc I can talk to you about my experience) but honestly I’d say wait for the right person, you’re not ruining your uni experience honestly as long as you’re enjoying uni that’s the only thing that matters, having sex with someone isn’t the be all and end all for uni. and you will eventually have sex one day, just wait on that for when you’re ready and with the right person.
Additionally, if you’re confused on who you like sexually that’s totally normal !! You can experiment, but it’s totally normal so you shoddily worry about it honestly. And also looks aren’t everything honestly, you could look like leonardo dicaprio and have a **** personality and your attractiveness will go down. You seem like such a decent guy already so please don’t try and sleep with someone for the sake of it, you’ll find someone so special and it’ll be x100 better :smile: pm me for any more advice or smth (I’m sorry if this was really **** advise or I got confused)
pm me for advice bc I literally wrote the longest message and it didn’t send :/ x
Original post by BathshebaBathing
Approach a few lovely ladies, get the numbers and play the phone game.

Yeah play the phone games. I suggest words with friends 2

I would suggest that if you think you like the opposite sex, then go and explore that. You are still young and have lots of time to have fun and make stupid mistakes. You don't need to lose your virginity to feel worth something or feel like an adult. you need to accept that being a virgin is awesome and fine, then that voice in your head will go away. the main thing i would focus on is studying because you only have this chance to study but you will have several chances to have sex. I'm sure you've probably heard that it's better to lose it with someone you love. this is actually true because the experience will be much better that way, it's actually scientifically proven that sex feels better when it's with a loved one!!
Reply 7
pm me for advice bc I literally wrote the longest message and it didn’t send :/ x

I don't know if I can when you're anonymous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending