The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Tesco petrol

Just wondering how to use the self service Petrol pump at Tesco when you pay by card
You can ask someone at the petrol station for help, they won’t mind showing you! It’s been a long time since I used a pay at pump one, but it should come up with the option on the screen to pay at pump or in the kiosk, and you press pay at pump (obviously lol) and it will ask you for your card, put it in, put your number in, remove it when it tells you to, and then fill your car to how much you want like normal. Then it will give you the option to get a receipt or not, and that’s it
You can scan a club card as well or save the receipt and have the points put on later
It’s easy to do, and quicker than going inside - you don’t get those annoying people who spend half an hour doing shopping in there whilst there’s huge queues for the pumps haha
Reply 2
Original post by Denika_brown
Just wondering how to use the self service Petrol pump at Tesco when you pay by card

Moved to Cars and motoring :driver:
First of all make sure you pull up next to a pay at pump section. On the pump there will be a little screen and keypad. All you do is simply insert your debit card then wait for it to tell you to enter your pin then wait some more until it has verified that your pin is ok. It will then tell you to remove your card. After this you can then use the pump to put fuel in your car. Once you have finished putting fuel in your car place the pump back and the transaction should automatically complete (sometimes you have to click a button on the keypad to end the transaction). It will then ask you if you would like your receipt choose either yes or no and then that's it done you are free to drive off.
I fill at Tesco's all the time.
Choose pay at pump
Card goes in, then pin.
Bank preauthorizes £99 but only takes a pound usually to make sure cards valid (this is quality when you're skint for the last week of a month, personal experience)
Fill to your heart's content.
Put pump back.
Put yes or no for receipt.
Leave
Within 3 working days the correct amount will be charged to your account, if you don't have it it'll take you into overdraft even if you don't have one.
Original post by nevershear
I fill at Tesco's all the time.
Choose pay at pump
Card goes in, then pin.
Bank preauthorizes £99 but only takes a pound usually to make sure cards valid (this is quality when you're skint for the last week of a month, personal experience)
Fill to your heart's content.
Put pump back.
Put yes or no for receipt.
Leave
Within 3 working days the correct amount will be charged to your account, if you don't have it it'll take you into overdraft even if you don't have one.

You forgot to add... Cry for the rest of the night when you realise that money has to be paid.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
You forgot to add... Cry for the rest of the night when you realise that money has to be paid.

I skip that step, I might be overdrawn when it hits but at least I can get to work and back until payday 👍
If i forget to press yes or no for a receipt and just drive off can the person behind fill up on my debit card
Reply 8
Original post by Catherine50
If i forget to press yes or no for a receipt and just drive off can the person behind fill up on my debit card

No.
That would be a rather spectacular loophole.
I forgot to press yes or no on the receipt thing, just put petrol in and drove off and now I’m scared. Is this ok??
Reply 11
Original post by tasnimaak
I forgot to press yes or no on the receipt thing, just put petrol in and drove off and now I’m scared. Is this ok??

That's fine.
Reply 12
You won't be liable for anyone else's fuel. As soon as the filler nozzle goes back in the pump holder the fuel supply is cut off and you have to start all over again with a card (even if its yours) if you want more fuel. Leaving your card in and driving off though - thats different.

Latest