The Student Room Group

Stupid Ways you have wasted money?

i once bought a packet of biscuits for about Β£1.25 only to throw them away

i also lost Β£1 under an aisle in a super market

i have also thrown a few 1ps on the floor in my time too.

Scroll to see replies

Left Β£5 worth of junk food on the bus. Was planning on watching Netflix and eating 4000 calories that night. I was very upset.
Bought a Β£145 phone case from Harvey Nichols so I could get enough points on my card for a free massage
Cocaine, actually any drugs to be honest.
Reply 4
All I can say is I was drunk.

Other than that I have a shopping addiction so in the last month I have spent Β£500 of my loan on clothes and shoes and food

Still need to buy the textbooks and stuff
Am constantly eating dinner out which is a massive waste of money
Original post by britishvip
Am constantly eating dinner out which is a massive waste of money

same I haven't even eaten anything at uni yet
100 quid on a stripper. Who had no tits or arse to speak of.
I bought Fallout 4 only to realise that my laptop is too bad to run it.

I bought it on Steam, where you can check how good your computer has to be to run it.
spent Β£150 on a couple of pairs of Skintight Jeans ..the shop had to order them for me , i tried them on , they were so Tight ,like a second skin ,i could hardly get them off , the shop refused to exchange or refund me because i had them specially ordered ...so i just put them in a clothing recycle Bank only 30minutes after i had brought them.
I seem to have wasted money on cars. The car i have now is my 5th in 8.5 years.
I have genuine reasons for getting rid of a couple of them though.
I spent Β£100 on coach tickets to and from the airport instead of asking my dad if he would take me. I assumed he wouldn't so I bought them, my dad was annoyed I didn't ask so I wasted all of that.
Forgot to take out my Β£1 from the superstore trolly after using it. Still haven't forgiven myself to this day.
On my 13th birthday i went shopping with my mum and ended up leaving a bag of clothes we’d bought in a store somewhere. We searched for it but never found it :frown:
Doing an English, History or Gender studies degree.
Probs Β£2.50 on a 99 ice cream. Like you ask for a 99 and they go β€œthat’s Β£2.50 thank you.” Like whaaat?
how?
Β£15k on Masters - should have bought a Harley and wander around Europe for few months instead :biggrin:
Original post by BFG9000
Β£15k on Masters - should have bought a Harley and wander around Europe for few months instead :biggrin:

Damn that actually sounds like a better use of that money tbh
Reply 19
Original post by Pugglet
All I can say is I was drunk.

Other than that I have a shopping addiction so in the last month I have spent Β£500 of my loan on clothes and shoes and food

Still need to buy the textbooks and stuff

That's not stupid, yolo init. Clothes are necessary and so is food and shoes. 500 doesn't stretch very far lol.

Quick Reply

Latest