Whovi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My flatmates are unreasonably loud. I've filed multiple noise complaints against them and none. Not one. Has been followed up. There's never been a knock, nothing.

Once i told them to keep it down, they laughed and said no. So they won't listen to me, and greetham street wont do **** despite multiple noise complaints. Rip my sleeping schedule i guess?
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So glad I have super chill flatmates. I’m fine with noise on the weekend but when I have a 9am class? F*ck that! lol

If I was in a flat like yours I would almost get into a fight with them so I got moved to a new flat(people drop out at the start so should be some spare rooms).
Whovi
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheJohnM)
So glad I have super chill flatmates. I’m fine with noise on the weekend but when I have a 9am class? F*ck that! lol

If I was in a flat like yours I would almost get into a fight with them so I got moved to a new flat(people drop out at the start so should be some spare rooms).
Maybe? But why tf should i be the one having to move when they play *****y music till 1am and dont clean up after themselves?

Oh yeah, they leave the kitchen a complete ****ing mess until 'cleaning day'(before the cleaning ladies come around), meanwhile i clean everything up immediately after I'm done with it, and they STILL expect me to help them to clean?? Nah **** off m8
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Whovi)
Maybe? But why tf should i be the one having to move when they play *****y music till 1am and dont clean up after themselves?

Oh yeah, they leave the kitchen a complete ****ing mess until 'cleaning day'(before the cleaning ladies come around), meanwhile i clean everything up immediately after I'm done with it, and they STILL expect me to help them to clean?? Nah **** off m8
That’s uni for you tho
Whovi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pugglet)
That’s uni for you tho
Being so sleep deprived and stressed that my depression goes thru the floor?

Is it worth it?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Whovi)
Being so sleep deprived and stressed that my depression goes thru the floor?

Is it worth it?
I ask myself that everyday

The only think I can suggest is moving flats, I know it’s no ideal but you could. Also see if a studio is available

Invest in earplugs in the meantime
britishvip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Buying some earplugs off amazon for like £3 was the best thing ive ever done i defo recommend
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Follow up with your complaint. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Inform them you intend report the matter to the local authority who have a duty to investigate and prosecute noise pollution.
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Whovi)

Why wouldn’t you want to move? I’d be straight into a new flat if my flat mates hated me, didn’t respect me and kept me up all night.
University of Portsmouth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Whovi)
My flatmates are unreasonably loud. I've filed multiple noise complaints against them and none. Not one. Has been followed up. There's never been a knock, nothing.

Once i told them to keep it down, they laughed and said no. So they won't listen to me, and greetham street wont do **** despite multiple noise complaints. Rip my sleeping schedule i guess?
Hello, Christine from the MyPort team here. Sorry to hear you are having trouble in your halls with noise. Please contact the Student Housing team if you continue to get no response from Unite - they can assist you with you complaint. You can email them on [email protected] or call 02392 843214. You can also contact our complaints team, their details can be found here https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/complaints. Feel free to pop in to see us at the Nuffield Centre if you need any further advice. I hope you get this sorted soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (20)
22.22%
Unconditional if firmed (4)
4.44%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
1.11%
No unconditional offers (65)
72.22%

Watched Threads