mx12345xom
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm hoping to study at Northumbria in September 2019 and I'm obviously looking around at accommodation. Due to various factors I've decided I want a studio. I enjoy my privacy however I don't want to miss out on making friends in the buildings or not having the proper "fresher experiences"

Any recommendations of places with decent sized studios that doesn't scrimp on the social aspects or is too far from the uni or other accommodations?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by marybayo)
I'm hoping to study at Northumbria in September 2019 and I'm obviously looking around at accommodation. Due to various factors I've decided I want a studio. I enjoy my privacy however I don't want to miss out on making friends in the buildings or not having the proper "fresher experiences"

Any recommendations of places with decent sized studios that doesn't scrimp on the social aspects or is too far from the uni or other accommodations?
Some of the uni accommodations themselves have studios but other than that I think The Shield is good, Roman House, Oxford House and possibly any of the liberty living ones
Northumbria University Postgraduate
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi marybayo!

As mentioned by Plugget, some of Northumbria's accommodations actually do offer self-contained en-suite studio apartments:

Winn Studios - https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-.../winn-studios/

Camden Court - https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-.../camden-court/

Trinity Square - https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-...rinity-square/

Hope I helped to an extent!

Nico
TheShieldNewcastle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi!

Have you looked at The Shield? We are a private provider based 5 minutes away from Northumbria - you can see the school from our front door!!
We have a 409 rooms which are a mix of studios and ensuite rooms. Our rooms start at £115 and we are currently taking bookings for only £1!!!!

We have studios available from £142 per week. We are currently offering students £300 off their rent if they book a Studio with us!

Some perks of booking The Shield:
- Free high speed WIFI
- Free contents insurance
- On site residents only gym
- Study room - to keep you motivated and successful!
- Huge common room including a cinema room with Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Maintenance team.
- Buzzing social calendar
- On site laundry room
- Stay for summer - have the option of extending your tenancy!
- Housekeeping staff are here to keep the communal areas looking fresh!
- Smart TV in the communal area in your room.
- Parcel Service.

Please have a look at our website for more info: https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads