The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kentbiomedic
Hey I did biomed :smile:

haha, I realised as I have seen it posted in a different thread! Also, in last years thread, those that were asked for transcripts got interviews, maybe worth checking that out?
Original post by blessedbytheone
haha, I realised as I have seen it posted in a different thread! Also, in last years thread, those that were asked for transcripts got interviews, maybe worth checking that out?

Ah yes I’ve seen that from stalking the past couple of years’ threads but I don’t want to get my hopes up 😂 there’s still a relatively competitive interview:redface:ffer ratio compared to other grad med schools as well I think so don’t want to get carried away! Did you get asked for your transcript too?
Ah yes I’ve seen that from stalking the past couple of years’ threads but I don’t want to get my hopes up 😂 there’s still a relatively competitive interview:redface:ffer ratio compared to other grad med schools as well I think so don’t want to get carried away! Did you get asked for your transcript too?

No I haven't haha, although on my UCAS application I have listed all my modules and their grades so if they are double checking modules I have made their jobs easier for them haha. To be honest, I have accepted my fate whatever it is and am weirdly calm (benefits of having no expectations :tongue:). Keep positive your stats are amazing!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by blessedbytheone
No I haven't haha, although on my UCAS application I have listed all my modules and their grades so if they are double checking modules I have made their jobs easier for them haha. To be honest, I have accepted my fate whatever it is and am weirdly calm (benefits of having no expectations :tongue:). Keep positive your stats are amazing!!

Oh that’s probably why then! Good effort haha I didn’t have the patience to put mine into UCAS 😂 that’s a great attitude to have :smile: thank you so much, keeping my fingers crossed for us!
Oh that’s probably why then! Good effort haha I didn’t have the patience to put mine into UCAS 😂 that’s a great attitude to have :smile: thank you so much, keeping my fingers crossed for us!

Thanks! Yes! Wishing us all the best!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
Does anyone know why they’ve asked for transcripts so early? Last year was end Nov/early Dec
Reply 46
Original post by gem-101
Does anyone know why they’ve asked for transcripts so early? Last year was end Nov/early Dec

I don't know. Maybe they're trying to get interviews sent out by December? I imagine they do the 5 year interviews as quickly as possible so that by the time the grad interviews roll around, they're able to offer some unsuccessful grads a place on the 5 year instead of 4 year.

It is weird though. Last time i applied, they didn't ask for my transcripts and certificates until after they had invited me to interview.
Original post by ArcherBear
I don't know. Maybe hithey're trying to get interviews sent out by December? I imagine they do the 5 year interviews as quickly as possible so that by the time the grad interviews roll around, they're able to offer some unsuccessful grads a place on the 5 year instead of 4 year.

It is weird though. Last time i applied, they didn't ask for my transcripts and certificates until after they had invited me to interview.

Maybe we are in the running for getting interviews already? I mean, both of us have some pretty high ukcat scores
Reply 48
Original post by singhaman
Maybe we are in the running for getting interviews already? I mean, both of us have some pretty high ukcat scores

Dude don't get me excited :colondollar:

If this is what it is, looooordy what a great thing it would be :biggrin:

yeah... you are right. i probs wont even make it through the interviews. i am just terrible at them (did i mention that I failed to get an offer after getting 3 interviews?)
Reply 50
yeah... you are right. i probs wont even make it through the interviews. i am just terrible at them (did i mention that I failed to get an offer after getting 3 interviews?)

Dude honestly don't be so hard on yourself. You've got to stay positive, believe me I know how hard that is, better than most. But hope is the only thing that'll keep us pushing forwards, so don't let go of it. Getting into medicine is majority luck. I defy anyone to tell me otherwise. There are hundreds of applicants, just as suited, just as qualified to study medicine, so why do some get in post-interview and some don't? It's luck. It could be the tiniest thing like perhaps you didn't have as much of a connection with the interviewers as others did. Doesn't mean you're not good enough. People don't always remember what you said but they remember how you make them feel. So it comes down to the luck of the draw and who is interviewing you. I've seen your stats. You'\re good enough dude.
Dude honestly don't be so hard on yourself. You've got to stay positive, believe me I know how hard that is, better than most. But hope is the only thing that'll keep us pushing forwards, so don't let go of it. Getting into medicine is majority luck. I defy anyone to tell me otherwise. There are hundreds of applicants, just as suited, just as qualified to study medicine, so why do some get in post-interview and some don't? It's luck. It could be the tiniest thing like perhaps you didn't have as much of a connection with the interviewers as others did. Doesn't mean you're not good enough. People don't always remember what you said but they remember how you make them feel. So it comes down to the luck of the draw and who is interviewing you. I've seen your stats. You'\re good enough dude.

Thanks for that man, it's been rough. And I don't know what I will do if I don't make it in this year. But hope is there I guess
Reply 52
PSA: For anyone that has been asked by KCL to upload their degree transcript. If like me you've had to contact your old university to request this, send the admissions team a message via the apply portal ASAP to let them know this. My master's was at King's and whilst I have my certificate, I've had to contact the student centre to request transcripts so I uploaded my certificate and have informed the admissions team about the transcript situations which they've said is fine and won't count negatively against me as I've provided my certificate and told them what my situation is.
Reply 53
Thanks for that man, it's been rough. And I don't know what I will do if I don't make it in this year. But hope is there I guess

Cross that bridge if you come to it. For now, focus on getting a place :biggrin:
Reply 54

What’s your UKCAT (if you don’t mind me asking!)?
Original post by gem-101
What’s your UKCAT (if you don’t mind me asking!)?

755 b1. But I am not applying for gem. I am just here for the shits and giggles

If that is what happens and we do get interviews I hope we get more notice than the Kings A100 candidates are getting at the moment ! I need more than 10 days not just for preparing etc but also letting work know eek
Edit: last year when they asked you for certificates etc did they want your GCSE and A level certificates too? Or just your degree?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 57
If that is what happens and we do get interviews I hope we get more notice than the Kings A100 candidates are getting at the moment ! I need more than 10 days not just for preparing etc but also letting work know eek
Edit: last year when they asked you for certificates etc did they want your GCSE and A level certificates too? Or just your degree?

Uff if I remember correctly... they requested my certificates and transcripts after inviting me to interview but before the actual interview date. my interview invite came around mid December. And they asked for Alevels and GCSEs etc too.

Side note. Just logged into KCL apply got super excited to see a new message: it's just KCL asking for proof because I sat the UKCATSEN -__-
Uff if I remember correctly... they requested my certificates and transcripts after inviting me to interview but before the actual interview date. my interview invite came around mid December. And they asked for Alevels and GCSEs etc too.

Side note. Just logged into KCL apply got super excited to see a new message: it's just KCL asking for proof because I sat the UKCATSEN -__-

Oooh really thank you! I better get on with trying to get hold of my A level and GCSE certificates from somewhere then just in case!
Aw hahaha I feel you even with every little email notification my stomach drops 😂 hopefully only a little while longer waiting!!
Reply 59
Oooh really thank you! I better get on with trying to get hold of my A level and GCSE certificates from somewhere then just in case!
Aw hahaha I feel you even with every little email notification my stomach drops 😂 hopefully only a little while longer waiting!!

Good idea! I've no idea where my alevel and gcse transcripts are...

Latest

Trending

Trending