King's College London ~ Graduate Entry Medicine (GPEP) A102 - 2019 Entry Watch

chattycc21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ArcherBear)
That's insane, especially as KCL take a holistic approach. You seem like a solid applicant. But who knows? Something better could well come knocking on your door. Best of luck
Thank you, yeah I’ve emailed them to ask cause I really thought I was in with a chance this year! Hopefully something better will come my way although Kings was my top choice! Best of luck to you too!!
irishmed123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else (who was asked for transcripts) get an email saying that "The deadline for you to respond will pass in 48 hours" even though you've already replied with your transcripts, and they've acknowledged that they've received it?
Kentbiomedic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by irishmed123)
Anyone else (who was asked for transcripts) get an email saying that "The deadline for you to respond will pass in 48 hours" even though you've already replied with your transcripts, and they've acknowledged that they've received it?
I didn’t, maybe contact them just to make sure that they didn’t send it to you by mistake?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
chattycc21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahLo93)
I got a rejection yesterday! First class degree Biomedicine, PhD in Biomolecular Neuroscience with a published paper, 6670 on the UKCAT Band 1, and fairly sparce NHS experience. I'm figuring both my UKCAT and lacking experience are what brought my application down, as the academic side is quite strong!
Out of interest did you contact Kings for feedback? If you did, what did they say?
gem-101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone have an idea of when interviews will be held?
ArcherBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by gem-101)
Anyone have an idea of when interviews will be held?
Probably from January. I'm expecting interview invites probably to be sent out mid-December.

Does anyone feel like KCL are in/finishing up their screening phase and filtering out people they feel don't meet their base requirements? e.g. "not enough biology" etc?
Kentbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably from January. I'm expecting interview invites probably to be sent out mid-December.

Does anyone feel like KCL are in/finishing up their screening phase and filtering out people they feel don't meet their base requirements? e.g. "not enough biology" etc?
I hope you’re right, I don’t feel ready for an interview any time soon 😂 (if I get one!)
Possibly, they’ve started sending out transcript requests/rejections earlier than last year though so who knows! I’m surprised they contacted me for info for the 4 year course before the 5 year though. I wonder how many applicants they received this year!
Last edited by Kentbiomedic; 1 month ago
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kentbiomedic)
I hope you’re right, I don’t feel ready for an interview any time soon 😂 (if I get one!)
Possibly, they’ve started sending out transcript requests/rejections earlier than last year though so who knows! I’m surprised they contacted me for info for the 4 year course before the 5 year though. I wonder how many applicants they received this year!
haha I'm just going off when I last applied and they sent interview invites.

have they contacted you for the 5 year?

fingers crossed for good news
Kentbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
haha I'm just going off when I last applied and they sent interview invites.

have they contacted you for the 5 year?

fingers crossed for good news
Really the only thing we’ve got to refer to isn’t it! I know we won’t hear for a while but doesn’t stop me checking emails way more often than I should 😂
Nope, but from the thread it seems no grads have got interviews yet! Still remaining hopeful
You and me both!!
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kentbiomedic)
Really the only thing we’ve got to refer to isn’t it! I know we won’t hear for a while but doesn’t stop me checking emails way more often than I should 😂
Nope, but from the thread it seems no grads have got interviews yet! Still remaining hopeful
You and me both!!
I really should know better but can't help refreshing my inbox 😂😂
username2300427
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really should know better but can't help refreshing my inbox 😂😂
Same 😕
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by singhaman)
Same 😕
as they say, no news is good news
username2300427
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
as they say, no news is good news
I am too busy to worry. At this point it feels like I need to think about what I need to think about. Don't want to be in the same position as last year, so also applying for PhDs and jobs. It's rough
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
I am too busy to worry. At this point it feels like I need to think about what I need to think about. Don't want to be in the same position as last year, so also applying for PhDs and jobs. It's rough
it's good you have something to focus on. that way when you get your interview invites they'll be a pleasant surprise
username2300427
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's good you have something to focus on. that way when you get your interview invites they'll be a pleasant surprise
(*If) you get your interviews 😂😂😭😭
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
(*If) you get your interviews 😂😂😭😭
when*

you've got this dude!
Ninja_R
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else get a message on the portal saying that they have not yet received a reply to our previous request for further information?
I sent all transcripts/certificates on the 11thNov18. I've resent them anyway, stating that I sent them previously; and included a copy of confirmation of receipt.
Anatomia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ninja_R)
Anyone else get a message on the portal saying that they have not yet received a reply to our previous request for further information?
I sent all transcripts/certificates on the 11thNov18. I've resent them anyway, stating that I sent them previously; and included a copy of confirmation of receipt.
Yeah I got that as well, but did the same thing as you did pretty much
blessedbytheone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really do apologise if this was already asked. Do we just need to supply our transcripts or do we also need to attach our degree certificates? appreciate any help!
gem-101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got a rejection from Kings (Ukcat 3090 Band1 with predicted 1st)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%