The Student Room Group

Time management for A levels

When doing A levels, how do you manage time in the week trying to study and do HMWK at the same time? As well I seem to go to bed really late, how can I avoid doing that?
Original post by Damaris23
When doing A levels, how do you manage time in the week trying to study and do HMWK at the same time? As well I seem to go to bed really late, how can I avoid doing that?

I personally work for 1h30mins before school, and get my homework done in my study periods at school, and then work for 3 hours after school.
It's definitely possible to get everything done. You just need to ensure that you're actually effective with your time and aren't getting distracted whilst you work :smile:
During year 12 I did most of my work in my frees (about 13 hours a week) with a little bit of extra work at home (mostly revision and only a few hours a week). Now in year 13 I finish my homework in my frees, then do about an hour every night of AS revision and going over subject notes. It’s also worth keeping track of how much you’re doing so you don’t too much or too little. As long as you focus and remove distractions while you’re working, you shouldn’t have to spend too long on it.
Reply 3
Original post by Infinite Series
I personally work for 1h30mins before school, and get my homework done in my study periods at school, and then work for 3 hours after school.
It's definitely possible to get everything done. You just need to ensure that you're actually effective with your time and aren't getting distracted whilst you work :smile:

Yeah I think that's it *effective timing* thankyou for that. I don't really get distracted i just think it's trying to understand the task set that takes time and gathering all that I need to complete it.
Reply 4
Original post by stimtothesky
During year 12 I did most of my work in my frees (about 13 hours a week) with a little bit of extra work at home (mostly revision and only a few hours a week). Now in year 13 I finish my homework in my frees, then do about an hour every night of AS revision and going over subject notes. It’s also worth keeping track of how much you’re doing so you don’t too much or too little. As long as you focus and remove distractions while you’re working, you shouldn’t have to spend too long on it.

That's true. Thankyou for that.😊

Quick Reply

Latest