username4264886
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi! im a private candidate student and i am doing a level english literature. this course requires coursework (20% of overall grade), but no school seems to accept the course for exams because of the coursework, they say they cant provide help and assist on that etc.

should i just do the exams and not coursework?? its only 20% anyways??? the others are 40% each.

thank you T_T
01111magic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

Im currently in year 13 and I take english literature have just completed to first coursework it was really difficult and have just started the second one. I think you have to do the coursework and if I'm honest it can help you to get a higher grade, if you would like some tips for the coursework let me know as I will help. I do find english literature quite challenging and you just don't know how the exam will go,

01111magic
Gwil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't recommend it at all. It would be literally throwing away 20% of the grades, and as PP said, you never know how the exam will go. It would be much safer to sign up for a distance learning course (such as the one provided by Oxford Open Learning) and have them supervise, authenticate and mark your coursework. That way you would also have marked assignments to practice, and a tutor who could answer any questions you would have. It is quite expensive however, but I would argue that if you can afford it and care about your grades, it is definitely worth it.
username4264886
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.28%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.04%
No- I want it (81)
27.27%
No- I don't want it (22)